Wild camping - All you need to know.

Jonesy123

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I'll keep this brief.....so brief you might just miss it.

Over the last 20 years....about 200 million people have asked me "Is wild camping illegal in the U.k?"

Usually these people imagine they are going to drive 'Molly'...their £50,000 'Indium Grey' Camperking super lowered full spec highline T6.1 up a mountain side that a V8 Landy would poo its pants on and park in a forest, wake up to deer snuffling at their door and everything will be magical and spiritual.

Is wild camping illegal in itself? No....its not.
But Trespass IS illegal.
And being as nore or less every square inch of concrete or green in the U.k is owned by someone....then without the landowners permission...you are trespassing..

and yes...there's always some head swaggering keyboard warrior who wants to Google U.k land access rights or take down that framed print of the Magna Carta from their study wall and start quoting free mens rights to roam and how King John said it was ok fir us to drive our campers into people's fields etc 700 years ago....

Basically....if you dont have permission....its trespassing....which is a crime.

look.... just settle for the same as everyone else.... standing in a queue for the shower block with your morning monkey breath in your trackies, trying to hide a semi under your washkit and pretending not look at all the wobbly goodness in grey bed t-shirts coming out of the ladies shower room or vice versa for the mens....those grey tracksuit bottoms ay ladies? Got to love them on the fellas

You know it

This is the way.

I'll keep this brief.....so brief you might just miss it.

Over the last 20 years....about 200 million people have asked me "Is wild camping illegal in the U.k?"

Usually these people imagine they are going to drive 'Molly'...their £50,000 'Indium Grey' Camperking super lowered full spec highline T6.1 up a mountain side that a V8 Landy would poo its pants on and park in a forest, wake up to deer snuffling at their door and everything will be magical and spiritual.

Is wild camping illegal in itself? No....its not.
But Trespass IS illegal.
And being as nore or less every square inch of concrete or green in the U.k is owned by someone....then without the landowners permission...you are trespassing..

and yes...there's always some head swaggering keyboard warrior who wants to Google U.k land access rights or take down that framed print of the Magna Carta from their study wall and start quoting free mens rights to roam and how King John said it was ok fir us to drive our campers into people's fields etc 700 years ago....

Basically....if you dont have permission....its trespassing....which is a crime.

look.... just settle for the same as everyone else.... standing in a queue for the shower block with your morning monkey breath in your trackies, trying to hide a semi under your washkit and pretending not look at all the wobbly goodness in grey bed t-shirts coming out of the ladies shower room or vice versa for the mens....those grey tracksuit bottoms ay ladies? Got to love them on the fellas

You know it

This is the way.
DISCLAIMER.

Some corrections to soothe the sore bottoms..

1) in some parts of the U.k....there are no trespass laws. Namely Scotland.....and maybe Toxteth..... So just incase anyone finds themselves in Scotland ...for whatever reason..looking to drive accross someone's scenery (presumably to escape the sound of bagpipes, or the midges...or the midges with tiny bagpipes) ... fill your boots.
Why did the Heroin addict cross the road?
Never mind.......

2) Trespass is an 'unlawful Act..' not a 'crime'...it may be a civil matter so thats an inaccuracy on my part. So you might want to do your own research on that one, I know that angry drunk farmers are always up fir a debate over this one so make sure you've got the law printed off in your glove box ready to have that one.

See yous at the next bridge gentlemen....listen out for trip trapping....

269250_web.jpg

Scotland my Country and my Land of Birth... Highlands and Islands to the Solway Firth!

What are the rules in Northern Ireland....need to check. I know there aren't any wild snakes here!

Reactions: CAB
Scotland my Country and my Land of Birth... Highlands and Islands to the Solway Firth!

What are the rules in Northern Ireland....need to check. I know there aren't any wild snakes here!
I came across this chap fishing last summer.
She’s actually a female adder. They tend to be brown/black where as the males are a silver/grey.
Apparently there was a nest of half a dozen in the old dyke (stone wall to you southerners)
I actually seen 3 adders last year. 2 up at Helmsdale and a big male up glen esk.
IMG_4767.jpeg

DISCLAIMER.

Some corrections to soothe the sore bottoms..

1) in some parts of the U.k....there are no trespass laws. Namely Scotland.....and maybe Toxteth..... So just incase anyone finds themselves in Scotland ...for whatever reason..looking to drive accross someone's scenery (presumably to escape the sound of bagpipes, or the midges...or the midges with tiny bagpipes) ... fill your boots.
Why did the Heroin addict cross the road?
Never mind.......

2) Trespass is an 'unlawful Act..' not a 'crime'...it may be a civil matter so thats an inaccuracy on my part. So you might want to do your own research on that one, I know that angry drunk farmers are always up fir a debate over this one so make sure you've got the law printed off in your glove box ready to have that one.

See yous at the next bridge gentlemen....listen out for trip trapping....

View attachment 232327
There’s a big difference between ‘you’ and ‘you and your T6’.
It’s an offence under the road traffic act section 34 to drive a motor vehicle on land of any description ( not forming part of a road). this includes Scotland.
You can drive within 15yards of a road to park ( but this doesn’t give you any legal right to park)

Back