Wild camping - All you need to know.

Scotland my Country and my Land of Birth... Highlands and Islands to the Solway Firth!

What are the rules in Northern Ireland....need to check. I know there aren't any wild snakes here!
Well you can blame St Patrick for the lack of snakes.....you know St Patrick....the Welsh holyman kidnapped by vikings and taken to Ireland who became Irish.....
Much like St George....the English patron Saint....who was a Turk....who fought in the Greek army and died in what is modern day Palestine....

What an interesting web of lies we call history in the UK.

I came across this chap fishing last summer.
She’s actually a female adder. They tend to be brown/black where as the males are a silver/grey.
Apparently there was a nest of half a dozen in the old dyke (stone wall to you southerners)
I actually seen 3 adders last year. 2 up at Helmsdale and a big male up glen esk.
View attachment 232394
If you had known my grandmother, it would have been believable that she had snakes in her.....

There’s a big difference between ‘you’ and ‘you and your T6’.
It’s an offence under the road traffic act section 34 to drive a motor vehicle on land of any description ( not forming part of a road). this includes Scotland.
You can drive within 15yards of a road to park ( but this doesn’t give you any legal right to park)
.......said the commenter....begore swaggering his head...closing google...and vanishing into a cloud of vape smoke......

There’s a big difference between ‘you’ and ‘you and your T6’.
It’s an offence under the road traffic act section 34 to drive a motor vehicle on land of any description ( not forming part of a road). this includes Scotland.
You can drive within 15yards of a road to park ( but this doesn’t give you any legal right to park)
Ah come on now.... I mean why? Really?
Pedantic with a capital P.

Like I said, go and park your van on some land and wait for the rozzers or the land owner to turn up and have the debate then...

Ah come on now.... I mean why? Really?
Pedantic with a capital P.

Like I said, go and park your van on some land and wait for the rozzers or the land owner to turn up and have the debate then...
But that's the whole point about trespass being a civil offence - it's outside the police's jurisdiction and they won't get involved. Police may attend if they suspect/fear criminal offences have occurred/may arise (criminal damage, breach of the peace, threats, intimidation, violence, etc.), but they won't/can't act on trespass alone. This is why councils have to go through the courts to remove travellers rather than just asking the police to hoik them off.

Show me one T6 owner who's so desperate to 'wild camp' with his Mrs and kids in the van.... hes willing to park on someone's land to the point where land bailiffs and police and civil inforcement officers are likely to turn up and have them forceably removed....

Were talking about camping holidays with the kids... not traveling to Appleby with big Joe Joyce.

So of course, we can debate the paperwork until the cows come home can't we. The reality is that if someone's willing to be that much of a bloody nobber that they're putting themselves in a position to be having to ask about the technicalities of trespass on their next holiday.... then maybe they should let be representing our camper community.

But that's the whole point about trespass being a civil offence - it's outside the police's jurisdiction and they won't get involved. Police may attend if they suspect/fear criminal offences have occurred/may arise (criminal damage, breach of the peace, threats, intimidation, violence, etc.), but they won't/can't act on trespass alone. This is why councils have to go through the courts to remove travellers rather than just asking the police to hoik them off.
Show me one T6 owner who's so desperate to 'wild camp' with his Mrs and kids in the van.... hes willing to park on someone's land to the point where land bailiffs and police and civil inforcement officers are likely to turn up and have them forceably removed....

Were talking about camping holidays with the kids... not traveling to Appleby with big Joe Joyce.

So of course, we can debate the paperwork until the cows come home can't we. The reality is that if someone's willing to be that much of a bloody nobber that they're putting themselves in a position to be having to ask about the technicalities of trespass on their next holiday.... then maybe they should let be representing our camper community.

No interest in wild camping myself - much prefer a campsite with decent facilities - and would agree re the hassle. I'm just interjecting where I see inaccuracy. Been a self-confessed pedant all my life, so why would I stop now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can we at least get one thing straight, this is wild camping.
1000006921.jpg
Which is perfectly legal in Scotland, and some parts of Dartmoor.

This (aka parking in a layby/carpark overnight in your car or van) is not wild camping. It's parking overnight in a car or van.
1000006920.jpg

Parking up in a van somewhere for a night is pretty much prohibited everywhere in the UK unless it's explicitly allowed, but mostly it's not enforced. Just don't be taking the piss and turn up at 6pm then proceed to set up an awning, pop top, wind break, and make it obvious that you're planning on staying all night.

'wild camping' in a van would mean parking well off a road (not 10ft off, more like 1km off) which is downright stupid and is begging to get a knock and told to 'piss off' in probably more unpolite terms!!

Parking up for a night in a quiet layby, away from houses - arrive late, be quiet, leave no trace, be discreet, leave early.

:sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Can we at least get one thing straight, this is wild camping.
View attachment 232508
Which is perfectly legal in Scotland, and some parts of Dartmoor.

This (aka parking in a layby/carpark overnight in your car or van) is not wild camping. It's parking overnight in a car or van.
View attachment 232509

Parking up in a van somewhere for a night is pretty much prohibited everywhere in the UK unless it's explicitly allowed, but mostly it's not enforced. Just don't be taking the piss and turn up at 6pm then proceed to set up an awning, pop top, wind break, and make it obvious that you're planning on staying all night.

'wild camping' in a van would mean parking well off a road (not 10ft off, more like 1km off) which is downright stupid and is begging to get a knock and told to 'piss off' in probably more unpolite terms!!

Parking up for a night in a quiet layby, away from houses - arrive late, be quiet, leave no trace, be discreet, leave early.
Funnily enough, that's my van in the months before I bought it! Look at that front Arch gap (since corrected by our Steve) and the original Startline 'dogbones'! Photo still available on the line obviously! Taken in the Dales I believe!

Back