Team Indium Grey

B4476941-83FE-466B-8D00-8CABE8BAF9D6.jpeg
+1 for indium grey. Tried in vain to find the spec I wanted in pure grey (love Indium but have more than one other vehicle in this or similar so I’m looking very ‘corporate’ now)

Ordered a new build, and I’m logged in to the order delays post, but fed up of the van I was in, so splashed out on a mid term / temporary 150 highline. Hardly slumming it, but a way off what’s to (hopefully/eventually) come. Not my first transporter, and nice to be back in one.

Yeah - its to tie in with the Coverts and also the tan leather interior (inspired by a much loved Alfa Romeo I had in the 90s).

Only a week to pick up and I'm getting proper giddy - wife thinks I'm nuts.

Van Haven have been a joy to work with.
You gotta love an Alfa!! My fave would pre-date the 90s by almost 30 years though... the series 101 Giulietta 1600 Spider.

Women are strange creatures :rolleyes: - how can you not get excited by the thought of picking up your dream van? :confused:

Ahh, saw this on Insta today...very nice indeed! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to pick her up. The guys have been teasing me with the odd image now and then thru the build process and today is the first time I've seen a full frontal shot (ooh missus). Can't wait to see the inside, which if anything, is planned to be even more outrageous.
The brief was to make people go 'wow' as you approach it, and then 'wow' again as the doors are opened.

Can't wait to pick her up. The guys have been teasing me with the odd image now and then thru the build process and today is the first time I've seen a full frontal shot (ooh missus). Can't wait to see the inside, which if anything, is planned to be even more outrageous.
The brief was to make people go 'wow' as you approach it, and then 'wow' again as the doors are opened.
And also 'wow' when you show them the bill? ;)

And also 'wow' when you show them the bill? ;)
Anything truely bespoke is never going to be cheap, but I found VH's costs to be transparant and comparable to other high end converters such as Leighton, with the additional benefit of being able to add and delete items to my exact requirements, which was ultimately what made me select them.
I have to admit it is a lot of money for a van, but then its comparable in invoice cost to say a basic Range Rover Sport, but more practical and much more tax efficient as a business purchase, bringing the end cost down to only 1 kidney.
The way I look at it, is its only money and you're a long time dead.......

Anything truely bespoke is never going to be cheap, but I found VH's costs to be transparant and comparable to other high end converters such as Leighton, with the additional benefit of being able to add and delete items to my exact requirements, which was ultimately what made me select them.
I have to admit it is a lot of money for a van, but then its comparable in invoice cost to say a basic Range Rover Sport, but more practical and much more tax efficient as a business purchase, bringing the end cost down to only 1 kidney.
The way I look at it, is its only money and you're a long time dead.......
Agree Mark - I wasn't having a pop. I think your van looks great and that it must have been expensive to achieve that level of finish.

My comment was more aimed at the typical reaction you get from the uninitiated when they realise how much has been spent. "Wow! £<lots> for a van!? :eek: You can get a <incomparable car> for half of that!", and other such uninformed, naïve comments. :rolleyes:

Agree Mark - I wasn't having a pop. I think your van looks great and that it must have been expensive to achieve that level of finish.

My comment was more aimed at the typical reaction you get from the uninitiated when they realise how much has been spent. "£<lots> for a van!? :eek: You can get a <incomparable car> for half of that!", and other such uninformed, naïve comments. :rolleyes:
No problem - wasn't taken as a pop.
PS - dont tell the wife what it cost :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Love that tan interior. Mine will stay std, I like to take the dog in the van with me, and that trumps nice leather in my book. He pukes in the car, so the leather stays nice in there (not because it’s good for it, because he’s not allowed in!)

You mention Leighton, I’m no fan of turn key converters of the type, but they offered such a good deal on everything and offered free paint & fitting, it was difficult to turn it down. I didn’t say yes on the day but knew I would the day after, just needed to leave like I’d felt I’d played hard to get! I popped in with no intent on availing myself of their techs, I typically do it all myself - The quality of work I saw on the vans in there was spot on. (Spotted a bit of blunt paint here and there, but I’m super fussy) The advantage of fitting loads of the same gear to the same van is that they get to know where the tabs are, the pitfalls and how to do a lovely job of fitting the stuff. Plus you get to see what colours and combos work - it was like a van harem.

Personally I’d be worried if I was sitting on their level of stock, but to each their own. Well over 70 vans in when I went. All of them top dollar and spec. Made a ‘basic’ highline look very pedestrian parked in the entrance

Back