Which to choose? Can’t decide!

Fin5150

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi folks….Ex T4 owner and prospective T6 owner with a bit of a dilemma, but a nice one to be in, I suppose!!
Budget of £40-£45k have narrowed my search for a T6 camper to these 3. Cant decide which would be best to go for!

The T6 DSG 150 T28 with 60k miles but good
Highline spec
Indium Grey T6

The white T6.1 T26 (surely this is approaching its max weight being a camper) newer van, nicer dash, much lower Startline spec
Candy White T6.1

Or save 5k and get the pure grey T6 T26 Startline (only 83 brake!!) and spend the change on some tuning and other goodies!
Pure Grey T6

The white one is a lower spec camper interior while the other 2 are slighlty better in that they have a microwave….all 3 have diesel heaters.
I am edging towards the Indium Grey with its higher power and load capacity and the auto box would be very nice!! I dont know anyonw with a DSG 150 and was wondering if they are prone to problems. Whichever van I get it will be used as a daily and obviously for trips and holidays with a view to keeping it for a long time!
Which would be the best one to go for?
Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Hi folks….Ex T4 owner and prospective T6 owner with a bit of a dilemma, but a nice one to be in, I suppose!!
Budget of £40-£45k have narrowed my search for a T6 camper to these 3. Cant decide which would be best to go for!

The T6 DSG 150 T28 with 60k miles but good
Highline spec
Indium Grey T6

The white T6.1 T26 (surely this is approaching its max weight being a camper) newer van, nicer dash, much lower Startline spec
Candy White T6.1

Or save 5k and get the pure grey T6 T26 Startline (only 83 brake!!) and spend the change on some tuning and other goodies!
Pure Grey T6

The white one is a lower spec camper interior while the other 2 are slighlty better in that they have a microwave….all 3 have diesel heaters.
I am edging towards the Indium Grey with its higher power and load capacity and the auto box would be very nice!! I dont know anyonw with a DSG 150 and was wondering if they are prone to problems. Whichever van I get it will be used as a daily and obviously for trips and holidays with a view to keeping it for a long time!
Which would be the best one to go for?
Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers
The first one gets my vote. T28 instead of T26 so can handle a bit more weight in theory but the part I like… DSG.
Makes driving so much more relaxed.
High line spec is the icing on the cake.

The first one every time. Personally, I would struggle to stay legal on a longer trip with a T26 weight limit. Have you seen any reviews of the company selling it?

I wasn't even aware that there was a t26. IMHO a t28 is still under weight for a full camper conversion. I'd want a t30 as a minimum. Search the forum for issues with "saggy arse" syndrome on t28 camper conversions.
So my answer to the original question would be "Non of the above"
You've got a healthy budget, don't be in a rush to spend it.

T28 Saggy Arse Syndrome

I wasn't even aware that there was a t26. IMHO a t28 is still under weight for a full camper conversion. I'd want a t30 as a minimum. Search the forum for issues with "saggy arse" syndrome on t28 camper conversions.
So my answer to the original question would be "Non of the above"
You've got a healthy budget, don't be in a rush to spend it.

T28 Saggy Arse Syndrome

I have to agree - low mileage, DSG and Highline spec is a must as a base.

And I would have to bow to others about the weight but it makes sense a T30 is probably the lowest I would go when thinking about all the furniture, stuff, people and suitcases in a campervan.

So none of them

First one for me out of your choices, another consideration I would find aswell between the T6 and 6.1 is the cab floor layout, VW lent me a 6.1 whislt mine went in for warranty work and the floor pan has been revised and there is no longer a footrest provided plus the area does not have as much room available due to the bulge in the floor, i personally found this annoying and less comfortable than my T6 especially on longer trips, I'd also try and get one that has LED lights fitted as standard, the halogen versions are like candles in comparison :thumbsup:

Yeah as above, worth setting aside an extra bit of dollar to replace the headlights. I can recommend the THQ V3 personally

The first one every time. Personally, I would struggle to stay legal on a longer trip with a T26 weight limit. Have you seen any reviews of the company selling it?
Hi mate. No, not seen any reviews, we did visit the premises and sat in a few though. What I liked was there was no hard sell or pushiness and we were allowed to sit in and look at as many as we wanted. There must be about 20 vans on site for purchase, most of which are “Camper King” conversions, which seem to be of decent enough quality and come with a warranty.

Hi mate. No, not seen any reviews, we did visit the premises and sat in a few though. What I liked was there was no hard sell or pushiness and we were allowed to sit in and look at as many as we wanted. There must be about 20 vans on site for purchase, most of which are “Camper King” conversions, which seem to be of decent enough quality and come with a warranty.
Hmm Camper King

Thanks for all the replies folks!. Tend to agree on the 150 DSG being the one to go for…..I love the colour and the black alloys. I get what some people say about Camper King being of relatively low quality and almost mass produced, but it seemed like decent enough quality when we sat inside and had a push and pull of all the fittings and drawers and things. As long as it’s wind and water tight that’s enough for me and I can’t find any reports on leaky roofs or windows anywhere…..it’s relatively close to me, a 2 hour drive so, handy for warranty claims or needing anything replaced should I need to take it to them. Only thing I am concerned about is the mileage for such a young van. But, my first T4 was nearly on 200k when I sold it on and it was still going strong. I know T4s pretty well but nothing about 5s and 6s and what are the best engines to go for but have read many glowing reports on the DSG box and the 2 litre diesel, plus it will be getting prodded with Pendle stick to make sure it’s all up to scratch.
Think the decision is made…..let’s just hope it’s not sold by next month when I gets my moneys!! :grin bounce:
Thanks guys

Back