Wild camping - All you need to know.

I don't so much wild camp as stealth camp - usually stay in a layby to cook and do my ablutions etc then just before I want to get into bed, I'll park near other cars and then just hop in the back and go to sleep, I usually wake up and move off before the householders are even awake so they don't even know I was there and never stay in the same place two nights running

I prefer the "hidden in plain sight" as a quiet street with cars on it is usually really safe and overlooked, not a massive fan of staying somewhere completely remote as it's obvious you're in the van, whereas parked with other vehicles, it's just another parked vehicle

Touch wood, I've not had any mither to date

I don't so much wild camp as stealth camp - usually stay in a layby to cook and do my ablutions etc then just before I want to get into bed, I'll park near other cars and then just hop in the back and go to sleep, I usually wake up and move off before the householders are even awake so they don't even know I was there and never stay in the same place two nights running

I prefer the "hidden in plain sight" as a quiet street with cars on it is usually really safe and overlooked, not a massive fan of staying somewhere completely remote as it's obvious you're in the van, whereas parked with other vehicles, it's just another parked vehicle

Touch wood, I've not had any mither to date
You won’t be bothered, I sleep in my van 2-3 nights a week and wouldn’t use a campsite if it were free.
It’s only the Brits who park up in the early evening, walk around other vans asking if it’s OK to stop the night, are you sure, are you really sure? Then they often drive off before dark after scaring themselves and submitting to a campsite booking.

You won’t be bothered, I sleep in my van 2-3 nights a week and wouldn’t use a campsite if it were free.
It’s only the Brits who park up in the early evening, walk around other vans asking if it’s OK to stop the night, are you sure, are you really sure? Then they often drive off before dark after scaring themselves and submitting to a campsite booking.
That's my experience - got blackout curtains all around so even if the lights are on in the van you can't see from the outside

My only fear is being heard farting or snoring while I'm asleep

Having said that me and my pal got mugged in a T1 parked in a layby on the A417 near Birdlip one night..... I prefer a campsite these days...

I say mugged...it didn't end well for the two whipper snappers who attacked a former European kickboxing champion and a serving Para on leave.
Back in the days when you could clatter someone and the police would stand by you

Back