Until: Sunday, 18 July, 2021 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.
last time @Lord Mfwic come with this lot . . . and still run out by day two . . .

The trailer almost went in the fire pit.

View attachment 102935

The site does offer firepit hire and log sacks for sale . . . . .

View attachment 102943
I think we would be best to order a ton of logs to be delivered.
That would be about £100 so if we organise through the site and get them to add £2 to the total cost of each pitch.
that way we should have plenty of wood andwe won’t have to fill our vans with logs.
more importantly, we can have as many fire putts running as we like.
Also, seasoned logs burn cleaner so there would be less smoke.

That would be about £100 so if we organise through the site and get them to add £2 to the total cost of each pitch.
that way we should have plenty of wood andwe won’t have to fill our vans with logs.
I’d be up for that.

Me can I come. 2plus2

@Shadow1 #54

"2plus2" - what does that mean? 1-van, 4ppl?

that team colour? - green grass pitch?

please add yourself to the RSVP at the top of the page.

join in the whatsapp group if you wish

update:

let us know if your:

Team Green : Grass camping (no EHU required)
Team Blue : EHU required (Not Booked to be arranged with Tourershine)
Team Red : EHU Required (Already Booked with site before this event)

1613149444661.png

Last edited:
I need to make a couple of points clear.

There will be many people that have attended our weekends before and what naturally tends to happen is people want to pitch in or around people they already know, which is absolutely fine, so you end up with lots of little sub groups of friends. This is something I have no problem with at all.
The problem is, because a few people have booked and been allocated EHU pitch numbers all over the site, it makes it very difficult for those wanting to be pitched next to each other as per normal, because a line of friends might have a EHU pitch number smack in the middle of this, making it near on impossible for myself to please everyone.
Bare in mind that EHU pitch numbers are a loose term on this site and it generally is a bit more relaxed than your normal Caravan Club site, where it is almost possible to pitch anywhere in the huge field we are allocated.

Can I ask those that have allocated EHU pitch numbers to be a little flexible when pitching. You will be guaranteed your EHU that you've booked, but treat your pitch allocation number as a simple reservation for the EHU and not as a literal pitch. That way I can do the same as I do every year, welcome anyone arriving, determine if they've booked an EHU and put them where they'd prefer, be that with established friends, or where ever they want.

I hope that makes sense.

The logistics are the same for me, just with far more people, but the site is only on a 2 day week basis at the moment, so getting quick answers isn't possible, making it a little harder to answer everyones specific questions and requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Loz will have to be the last request for a potential EHU for now.

The site have asked me not to take any more EHU potentials. They have an electrical company on site next week and they are meant to be installing new power points, so until this is sorted out, they just don't have a maximum number of points to give me a figure.

We did manage to get everyone that needed power, a point last year with the use of splitters, but this year has already smashed past our 45 or so bookings and we are only in February. Worse case people don't have power that wanted it, we can juggle things around over the weekend if it's to change up batteries, and there are plenty of people happy to charge up mobile phones and the like.

Bring back the days of Rutland where life was much more simple and power was obtained by the sun and washing facilities were in Rutland lake o_O

Nice thinking Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back