Until: Sunday, 18 July, 2021 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.
First event with the forum for me and family and it was great. Nice to start to put faces to names, and names to vans. Glad I was "the" two-tone, that made it easy to be identified...at Foxton Locks, and Tesco, and...

Thanks to @Dellmassive and @Tourershine and families for organising, and leading from the front at 1am when we turned in (and we didn't get disturbed by the teenage round-a-phone karaoke, don't worry :)

Our kids had fun running off the leash and Dominic enjoyed making friends (of which only Luke and Oliver's names stuck in his brain, would like to connect the dots on here). Like others mentioned above, our kids need this kind of event as much as us, and it was a lovely site to stay at.

@Tourershine @Dellmassive, Lisa and their family’s, thank you all for for organising the event. These things take a huge amount of effort and time to organise and this was evident in how well the weekend went. You’re efforts and commitment are appreciated. The weekend is something everyone needed after the last 18 months.
Thank you once again and see you next year. My deposit is waiting

Hopefully those who left this weekends T6 Forum weekend have got home safely by now, and those that decided to stay are still enjoying themselves.

I want to officially thank everyone for making a huge effort to turn up this weekend, some coming from as far away as Scotland, which I find very humbling and testimony to how much everyone who attend these weekends enjoys themselves.
I also want to give a huge praise to my partners in crime @Dellmassive Lee and his beautiful wife Lisa, who without their help, it just wouldn't be possible to make these weekends so successful.

Lee has persuaded me to keep an active role going forward, with a promise to take a chunk of the load off my shoulders, so unfortunately for some, I'm still going to keep my hand in, contrary to what I said a few days ago.

These weekends take a huge logistical effort from the team I have around me, but none of it would be worth it, without the monumental effort of those that attend, both newbies and the hardcore regulars.
On that note: These weekends take a lot of persuasion with Brook Meadows, and this involves a lot of trust when they allow us to have almost 80% of their camp site, and this is always based on figures I give them for pitches attendance. We had a handful of 'no-shows' that for some reason only known to themselves, didn't notify me they weren't attending. This puts us in a very embarrassing position if the site owners see huge parts of their site empty without reason. This is not the people that officially let us know they couldn't attend at the last minute, because that we expect and respect, it's just a minority of people that just didn't turn up, and that's not really acceptable in my opinion, but we will move on and next year we will be in a position to take payments in advance to hopefully stop this kind of thing happening.
Enough said of that bit and I'd like people to respect that this matter is closed now, and concentrate on the positives.

I'm sure this thread will be flooded with some amazing pictures of the weekend, with highlights like the weather for one, @Eli birthday, where he and his family purchased a huge cake and loads of extra drink for everyone:mexican wave: We also had a fly-by... Yep, literally. My good mates flew over the site on their Paramotor's a little too low for my nerves and the poor fishermen, the spectacular lighting that had this years 'Love Island' theme, and loads more packed into several days of Volkswagen's and the best bunch of people you could ever meet, so I look forward to seeing these.

Lastly, there was a member that told me how much he appreciated this weekend and how much his young Son enjoyed and needed this after a very tough year. I didn't say at the time, because I had a bit of lump in my throat, but things like that make all the effort worth it 100%.

That's all from me, and lets get planning the official T6 Forum Weekend 2022, which if the last 3 years has taught us, doubles in size each year :speechless:

Paul

++++

Can i just take this opportunity to mirror @Tourershine Pauls comments above and to thank everybody that come and made the weekend one to remember.

We had to get back after the event Sunday . . .unload the van . . . Re-load the van - then get out to work first thing Monday morning !!!

This is the first chance I've had to put hands to keyboard . . . . :grin bounce:

Id like to thank Paul and Lisa as my "Partners in crime" for their great work before, during and after the event.

id also like to personally thank all the "Rigger Crew" that stepped in and up to help with the build up and teardown of the Disco Tent v4.0 and centre stage area, without your help i would probably still be there doing it now. - thank you all for your hard work, Wednesday and Sunday.

Special thanks to @Jollyvan Rob for his expert camping knowledge and mad skillz at getting that massive tent back in its bag late Sunday afternoon, and to @czmate1999 Stephen for fighting an obvious massive hangover Sunday yet persevering with it until everything was loaded back in the van.

id like to thank the Sibbertoft-quartet-Lady-singers for there musical entertainment.

id like to thank @Eli for amazing generosity on Saturday for his birthday.

And finally id like to personally thank each and every T6F member (plus friends, family etc) that attended the event and arrived with a great attitude, respected each other, respected the site, staff and facilities and finally left the place as we found it.

by doing all the above you have all helped us secure future events at Brook Meadow.

A special thank you to the Brook Meadow Campsite team - Sam, Rob & Sarah who were all amazing.

We are dealing with the site to arrange future events that will be bigger, better, more . . . . . . . . .

Paul has dealt with the no-shows above so we`ll leave it there. . . . moving forwards, we have new plans for the next event to solve that problem.

++++

Before i close out this thread and look at the next event . . .

can anyone with pics of the weekend post them here or on the WhatsApp group so i can add them to the collection.

and

we have some amazing ideas for what's to come next . . . . .

in the mean time please come forwards with any ideas or suggestions to be considered for future events. . . . we will consider them all.

post on here or email me at dellmassive@gmail.com

++++

Things are looking promising for 2022 and beyond.

++++

++++

Can i just take this opportunity to mirror @Tourershine Pauls comments above and to thank everybody that come and made the weekend one to remember.

We had to get back after the event Sunday . . .unload the van . . . Re-load the van - then get out to work first thing Monday morning !!!

This is the first chance I've had to put hands to keyboard . . . . :grin bounce:

Id like to thank Paul and Lisa as my "Partners in crime" for their great work before, during and after the event.

id also like to personally thank all the "Rigger Crew" that stepped in and up to help with the build up and teardown of the Disco Tent v4.0 and centre stage area, without your help i would probably still be there doing it now. - thank you all for your hard work, Wednesday and Sunday.

Special thanks to @Jollyvan Rob for his expert camping knowledge and mad skillz at getting that massive tent back in its bag late Sunday afternoon, and to @czmate1999 Stephen for fighting an obvious massive hangover Sunday yet persevering with it until everything was loaded back in the van.

id like to thank the Sibbertoft-quartet-Lady-singers for there musical entertainment.

id like to thank @Eli for amazing generosity on Saturday for his birthday.

And finally id like to personally thank each and every T6F member (plus friends, family etc) that attended the event and arrived with a great attitude, respected each other, respected the site, staff and facilities and finally left the place as we found it.

by doing all the above you have all helped us secure future events at Brook Meadow.

A special thank you to the Brook Meadow Campsite team - Sam, Rob & Sarah who were all amazing.

We are dealing with the site to arrange future events that will be bigger, better, more . . . . . . . . .

Paul has dealt with the no-shows above so we`ll leave it there. . . . moving forwards, we have new plans for the next event to solve that problem.

++++

Before i close out this thread and look at the next event . . .

can anyone with pics of the weekend post them here or on the WhatsApp group so i can add them to the collection.

and

we have some amazing ideas for what's to come next . . . . .

in the mean time please come forwards with any ideas or suggestions to be considered for future events. . . . we will consider them all.

post on here or email me at dellmassive@gmail.com

++++

Things are looking promising for 2022 and beyond.

++++

pics are in . . . we have about 1000.

ill do a vid at some point . . . . for now here is a snapshot if you missed it.

++++

p120210714_161904.jpg20210714_170321.jpg20210714_180301.jpg20210714_212854.jpg20210714_224939.jpg20210715_110205.jpg20210715_191352.jpg20210715_220427.jpg20210715_225532.jpg20210715_230117.jpg20210716_084326.jpg20210716_103951.jpg20210716_131458.jpg20210716_133641.jpg20210716_213844.jpg20210716_213858.jpg20210716_221414.jpg20210717_023801.jpg20210717_082847.jpg20210717_094030.jpg

next years event:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back