T6 Quad Lock Wiring?

Hi
Just out of interest what are the wires for in the green block of the Quad lock please? Sorry to ask another quadlock question and I am probably just being thick!

Hi guys,
I hope someone can help... does anyone know the terminals used for the blue plug in the quadlock? And also where I can source them too? I keep buying the vw repair wires but they are quite expensive.

Thanks in advance :)

I don't think so, take a look at the connector block in post #1 on this thread, the speaker wiring is the light coloured block top right,(8 way) it does not have a latch to hold it in as the blocks on the ebay ad have.
The metal connector terminals look like they will fit in the existing block though.

That's an ISO connector not the block in the 1 quadlock. Like I said the other day on the phone you need a full pass through quadlock T harness to split the speaker feed you could then use the link above to join into that and make you loom the way you want it.

Plus you'll need this one

Right-oh. It was the latch on it that made me unsure. I thought the individual blocks came out of .quadlocks? Never done it mind, as I'm sure you can tell. I was hoping to pull the light brown block from the non-headunit side of the quadlock and replace with a new block with long tails. Seemed like an elegant solution rather than using an entire T harness.

Oh FFS. I just realised the plug I was planning on replacing was on the wrong side of the harness. T harness it is.

Yes - the ebay link above takes you to the right ones. I already had a ratchet type non insulated crimp tool.

Ian
Hi Ian
I'm about to fit rear speakers and just can't see the link to find the correct pins for quadlock. Please could you post the eBay link.

I’ve checked back through my ebay history but cannot find them - I ‘think’ 2.8 junior power timer connectors were the ones I used.

I’m following this as I’ve posted another link about the head unit failing. I’m after some of the small connectors/pins for the reversing camera. Does anyone know what size they are. I’m sure I had some but can’t for the life of me remember who/where I got them from. Thanks

or

Perfect. Thanks Pauly. Hope you’re well!

Did you plug in the black CanBus box into the supplied lead, as this sends the radio a 12v switch feed...
@Absolut5

I am having the same issue (no power). From what I can see the radio should be supplied power through the quad lock, but I guess I am incorrect going from this comment. I have the gadget which came with the kit for the canbus (black box), but am not sure what should be plugged into this, can you provide some guidance? The old radio is really basic, so the only cables are front speakers and power (Quad Lock), and the FM antenna.

@Absolut5

I am having the same issue (no power). From what I can see the radio should be supplied power through the quad lock, but I guess I am incorrect going from this comment. I have the gadget which came with the kit for the canbus (black box), but am not sure what should be plugged into this, can you provide some guidance? The old radio is really basic, so the only cables are front speakers and power (Quad Lock), and the FM antenna.
what Radio do you have ?

Very basic model, if you are replacing it with a aftermarket then the decoder black box converts the ‘CanBus‘ to give a 12v switch feed, the aftermarket loom has a yellow which is 12v permanent and normally a red which is the 12v switch feed

any pictures of the kit you purchased ?

I’ll take some photos when I get home but the kit is the Halo9 T6 kit from alpine, if that helps

I’ll take some photos when I get home but the kit is the Halo9 T6 kit from alpine, if that helps
Cool.. is it the genuine alpine wiring harness ? As they are very hard to obtain at the moment, been like that for the past 2-3 months

Back