Apline iLX 705D head unit reverse sensors and DAB wiring questions

Ballie

I have just got hold of a Alpine iLX 705D and having a few issues wiring to my '65' plate T6. All steering controls work, FM radio and I fitted the usb retention kit which works great too.

Where I need help is regarding the DAB and reverse sensors, firstly the DAB there are 3 connectors left in the main loom a black plug, a blue plug and a mustard plug. My DAB Alpine/VW conversion lead will plug into either the black or blue plug on the loom but neither are producing a DAB signal?

Secondly the van has rear sensors on my old stock vw head unit when you put it in reverse the music muted and the screen showed the beepers. How do I get this to happen on the Alpine? I see there is a lead on the Alpine labelled "reverse" is there a wire on the loom at the vw hifi plug I can cut into and solder on to if so what wire is it?

Alsop there are two other wires in the new head unit one labeled speed sensor and the other hand brake do I need to connect this to anything?

20220612_092932.jpg

20220612_092948.jpg

20220612_093008.jpg

20220612_093211.jpg

I also have 3 wires coming out of the universal Connects2... pink, green, mauve/white do these need connecting to anything?

16550237793052790206283757937459.jpg

Pink is speed pulse, green is park brake and purple/white is reverse signal

Black is DAB and blue is GPS signal

Pink is speed pulse, green is park brake and purple/white is reverse signal
I assume you referring to the wires coming out of the Connect2 and not the wires in the main loom connector that isn't used in the new plug. If so this is fantastic I will connect these 3 up and hopefully it will all work you will make my Sunday

Crazy how in the tiny instruction sheet that came with the connect2 it didn't mention these wires it just said for Alpine to cut a green wire and used the jack connecter into head unit

Yes, the unused wires you mentioned that are coming from the connects2 interface

Update, I connect the parking brake connector and reverse as suggested above. The Park brake always shows as on in the Alpine menu even when its off...so I disconnected it again. I have now worked out how to get the unit to mute when you put in reverse and reverse camera screen comes up on the head unit but as I haven't got a reverse camera only sensors it doesn't show and lines flashing as you get close to something but the audible beep beep beep does work. Maybe this can't be made to work like a stock head unit with the Alpine unit?

Still got no DAB signal I have connected to the black plug as in photos above but nothing still

Also what is the point of fitting the GPS with the Alpine iLX 705D it has no built-in maps! everything runs off phone connection ie either Apple Carplay or Android Auto as the phones provide everything is there any point in fitting the GPS part of the system?

Ayrıca GPS'i Alpine iL 705D'ye takmanın ne anlamı var, haritaları yok! her şey telefon bağlantısından çıkıyor, yani telefonlar onun için Google Carplay ya da Android Auto araçlarından GPS parçası takmanın bir anlamı var Bahsettiğiniz bu sorunun cevabını buldunuz mu?

Back