Wiring a new stereo - ready to poke my eyes out.

t2uds

Hi, Can anyone with more stereo wiring experience than me (most!) chip in with some advice?

I impulsed bought a use Android unit from a local clearance aution for the wifes van. Regretting it.
I had to by an ISO adapter for it - its a 2012 T5.1. Swapped all the various connectors & plugs over but it just doesn't fire up.
The only two wires NOT connected are the ones not in the plugs. An orange 'illumination' wire, and the red 'igntion' one.
But I assumed it would still have direct power through the plugs to test its working...without having to connect the ignition one?
Before I launch it back to the auction. Is that right? should it still power up without having to connect the separate ignition+ wire?

Cheers!

product_large_93239.jpg

I'd of thought it will only come on when the ignition is on to prevent you accidentally flattening the battery

I'd of thought it will only come on when the ignition is on to prevent you accidentally flattening the battery
Hi, the Android unit being removed weirdly could be switched on with the ignition off. I assumed if this is plugged into the same plugs it would be working the same. So do you think there's no direct power going to the unit without the ignition control wire?

Just connect the ign wire to +12v If it works you have your answer:thumbsup:

Just connect the ign wire to +12v If it works you have your answer:thumbsup:
..I know...I know. :) I'm not trying to make things harder. I just wanted to ask before taking the old one out again. I have to replace it after everytime as its used daily by the wife....and she objects to a hole in the dash. And I've done the whole in/out/in 5 times already. And if someone confirmed it should have power....It would save my patience for it then not to work again. :p

My aftermarket Android in the T5 needs 12v on that lead to work. The illumination wire I think needs a latching relay - my illumination wire connection doesn’t do anything.

Connect the red to fuse 19 , or the brown/green wired behind the fuse box, or this can also be found in the thick loom to the right hand side of glovebox, orange connect to one of the many grey/blue wires behind the dash For illumination

Back