Replacement 'speaker connector block' in head unit quad lock?

SW_Mus

So it seems the previous owner of my van decided to install rear speakers, and instead of inserting new pins into the connector, they completely removed it and passed the cables for ALL of the speakers through the quad lock and directly to the head unit (2018 T6 - Composition colour). Here is a picture of my HU and connector...

VW Stereo Connector.JPG

I would like to replace the connector in the quad lock if possible and reconnect the speaker cables using the proper pins, for no other reason than to reassure me that everything is hooked up properly and neatly. At some point in the not too distant future I plan to replace this head unit with a better (i.e. Nav & Carplay) one so it will be one less thing to worry about then.

My question is, where can I buy the missing connector block from? Everything I have found so far is the standard ISO one, which I am guessing is different, and maybe won't slot in. It's this one circled here (as seen in one of Pauly's photos, thank you Pauly) that I am after...

VW Speaker Connector Block.png

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Assuming you have the connector block I guess you can add rear speakers to pins 1,4,5 & 8 with the correct connectors?

Yes thats correct, you can populate the empty slots with cables for the rear speakers
They will work as soon as you connect them but if you require the front/rear fader to be activated on a factory headunit then you will need vcds or similar to turn it on

Yes thats correct, you can populate the empty slots with cables for the rear speakers
They will work as soon as you connect them but if you require the front/rear fader to be activated on a factory headunit then you will need vcds or similar to turn it on
Thanks Pauly. Can VW do that or do I need to get somewhere with a VAGCOM?

No VW are useless and there computer systems are not designed to do modifications, you will need a retrofitter/audio place/someone with vcds

Ok will look at this once I sort the mess the conversion has made. You do t happen to know what the part number is for the pins for the speakers are do you?

There isn’t one as VW don’t sell individual crimps anymore (they stopped a few years ago for some reason)
You can find them on eBay and places like that just search for vw crimps or JPT (junior power timer) and you will find some

So it seems the previous owner of my van decided to install rear speakers, and instead of inserting new pins into the connector, they completely removed it and passed the cables for ALL of the speakers through the quad lock and directly to the head unit (2018 T6 - Composition colour). Here is a picture of my HU and connector...

View attachment 172020

I would like to replace the connector in the quad lock if possible and reconnect the speaker cables using the proper pins, for no other reason than to reassure me that everything is hooked up properly and neatly. At some point in the not too distant future I plan to replace this head unit with a better (i.e. Nav & Carplay) one so it will be one less thing to worry about then.

My question is, where can I buy the missing connector block from? Everything I have found so far is the standard ISO one, which I am guessing is different, and maybe won't slot in. It's this one circled here (as seen in one of Pauly's photos, thank you Pauly) that I am after...

View attachment 172021

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Did you manage to find a uk supplier for this audio connector? I’m in need of one too

Back