T6 LWB T30 140 Acapulco blue - Build Thread

image.jpg

Eddie, this is my Waeco CRX-50. Last time I used the two rear most black alan bolts to fix my fridge, it didn't support it at the bottom but it never moved!

Don't know if you have anything similar on the Webasto fridge.

Andy

Great build this.

How long did it take you to put the evo designs kit together? I'm ordering a pro kit and my mates getting hired to help me put it together. He is a kitchen fitter so very handy. I'm basically pretty bad but not entirely useless. Gonna do the wiring and such whilst he does the rest. Thinking 2 days between us.

Great build this.

How long did it take you to put the evo designs kit together? I'm ordering a pro kit and my mates getting hired to help me put it together. He is a kitchen fitter so very handy. I'm basically pretty bad but not entirely useless. Gonna do the wiring and such whilst he does the rest. Thinking 2 days between us.
If your mate is a kitchen fitter then I reckon 2 days between you should be fine. The hardest part is the fact that the instructions are crap. Add to that the odd piece that's missing etc and the time soon adds up. Their customer service is top notch though and they always posted out missing stuff the next day. I can't remember exactly but I think I done the bulk of it over two weekend shifts and then done the rest in phases at night when I had time.

What kit are you going for? Mine is the 5.4 F

Haven't decided on which one yet, been ringing them with stupid questions and they are very helpful.
I done the same. Many stupid questions from me before I bought and whilst building and they always answered them. If they just made better instructions they would go from really good company to great company

Aye a bit strange as you'd think it would a decent investment of their time to produce some. But when I rang they were pretty honest about this. Said the pro kits don't come with anything detailed just an exploded diagram as they are normally installed by convertors who install the kits daily and already know how they fit together. Sounds like a day is gonna get wasted to general head scratching! But hey ho.

Did you get any of the extras?

I don't think mine is a pro kit and it only came with an exploded view too problem was it was an exploded view of the wrong kit! Once I phoned they emailed the correct (poor) diagram but also gave me a link to a section of their website that contains loads of detail photos of all the kits so once I got stuck I could refer to the photos. Why not give everyone the link in the first place! I'll have a search for it for you.

Also fair enough they are targeted at convertors who know what they are doing but from a business point of view why not get decent instructions for the diy'ers like us too

Just realised I never answered your question, I got the led light shelf as an extra, well worth it imo. I also have the twin light recess and the overhead locker but those were part of the kit

Just realised I never answered your question, I got the led light shelf as an extra, well worth it imo. I also have the twin light recess and the overhead locker but those were part of the kit

Yeah defo getting the led light shelf. Am thinking about getting the window surround too tho not sure if it's compatible with the vanshades blinds I'm also keen on. Looks the part tho and I can mount the switches on it. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah defo getting the led light shelf. Am thinking about getting the window surround too tho not sure if it's compatible with the vanshades blinds I'm also keen on. Looks the part tho and I can mount the switches on it. Decisions, decisions.
I ended up not getting vanshades as I had a lightshelf and a slider on that side. The solution was to use a panel and block the rear window and move the light shelf forward whilst mounting the vanshades pod on the rear of the panel but since I didn't want to use a panel as I wanted the rear window there was no way to make vanshades work I realised after speaking to the owner

I ended up not getting vanshades as I had a lightshelf and a slider on that side. The solution was to use a panel and block the rear window and move the light shelf forward whilst mounting the vanshades pod on the rear of the panel but since I didn't want to use a panel as I wanted the rear window there was no way to make vanshades work I realised after speaking to the owner

Could you explain this a bit more as I've got a sliding window on that side and am keen on the shelf as well.

Could you explain this a bit more as I've got a sliding window on that side and am keen on the shelf as well.
The full detail is somewhere in this thread but off the top of my head basically the slider means you have to move the vanshades pod forward so that it no longer sits flush with the surround at the top. This then means you can't fit the light shelf in the correct position. I didn't think it would look right with the top of the pod sticking away out so the only option was to use a blanking panel which blocks the rear side window. You basically mount the vanshades pod to the rear of the blanking plate and cut a hole to suit. You can then mount the led shelf a bit further out hard against the blank. Since I didn't want to lose the rear window I couldn't get vanshades. Talked to the owner a few times about it but there was no way around it

Mate! Loved reading this thread. I'm planning on doing pretty much exactly the same conversion in about 4 months time (when I've finally got the jack together for a nearly new T6!). This has been great reading, because I've read tonnes, and seen tonnes of build-threads, but never in the colour I want with most of the kit I want... although not sure about the head unit or EVO kit I'm getting yet. Have you got any pics on installing the rear-view reversing camera?

Hope you have an awesome summer of adventure in a great set of wheels!

Mate! Loved reading this thread. I'm planning on doing pretty much exactly the same conversion in about 4 months time (when I've finally got the jack together for a nearly new T6!). This has been great reading, because I've read tonnes, and seen tonnes of build-threads, but never in the colour I want with most of the kit I want... although not sure about the head unit or EVO kit I'm getting yet. Have you got any pics on installing the rear-view reversing camera?

Hope you have an awesome summer of adventure in a great set of wheels!
Thanks @GeordieVanJam , I don't have any pics of the reverse camera install but I followed a guide from the other forum for removing the rear door trim piece to install it. The link is somewhere in this thread (or maybe in the other thread I created about my reverse cam problem). I still haven't fully cured my issue as it works intermittently. I'm going to switch the power supply to a fuse box ignition live to see if that sorts it as I have a feeling it's a voltage issue I have

Small update of the work done today before our week long trip away this saturday - Fitted the passenger swivel, a trio gas alarm, non slip material on the shelves (realised this was needed on the last trip) and finally I changed the power feed for my rear view camera from the reverse signal cable at the back of the stereo to the fuse box under the dash using a piggy back fuse holder - and the camera now works properly!!!!!! woo hoo. The picture is also brighter and clearer so I think my hunch about it being a voltage issue was correct as its now getting a solid power feed (ignition live) and is working as it should. :cool:. The amount of times the camera chose not to work at critical reverse moments was frustrating as hell so hopefully that issue is now gone for good.

Small update of the work done today before our week long trip away this saturday - Fitted the passenger swivel, a trio gas alarm, non slip material on the shelves (realised this was needed on the last trip) and finally I changed the power feed for my rear view camera from the reverse signal cable at the back of the stereo to the fuse box under the dash using a piggy back fuse holder - and the camera now works properly!!!!!! woo hoo. The picture is also brighter and clearer so I think my hunch about it being a voltage issue was correct as its now getting a solid power feed (ignition live) and is working as it should. :cool:. The amount of times the camera chose not to work at critical reverse moments was frustrating as hell so hopefully that issue is now gone for good.

Sounds good :)

I recall reading this whole thread again and something else jumped out at me. You mention having to bend/alter something to get the fridge to sit flush. Got anymore info? Do you not have a panel behind it? I maybe misremembering (is this a word?) what I read, but i'm getting the same fridge and a very similar kit.

Back