T6 LWB T30 140 Acapulco blue - Build Thread

The norm here and it mainly applies to older vans but will apply to anyone, is that it is caught in a bucket and put in to the dump point if in a van park. Often in caravan parks ofter have a drain near each camp that you connect a waste pipe to the van and run to the waste point and it empties straight into the drain. On bush camping it is also polite to collect in bucket and take well away from other campers to dump. There are some parks and that will not allow you in unless you are collecting and taking all rubbish and that includes grey water.

That's the LPG tank and propex heater ordered. I realised that heatsource do an underslung version of the HS2000 called the HS2211 so went for that. This means not only will my stored gas be kept out of the van but the heater will too which will be a lot safer. The only thing piped into the van is the recirc hot air. In addition it means I don't need to lose any space below my rib bed for the heater

That's the LPG tank and propex heater ordered. I realised that heatsource do an underslung version of the HS2000 called the HS2211 so went for that. This means not only will my stored gas be kept out of the van but the heater will too which will be a lot safer. The only thing piped into the van is the recirc hot air. In addition it means I don't need to lose any space below my rib bed for the heater
Fun times ahead @xpfloyd installing those. Granny and eggs time - check all connections with soapy water and pressure test the system or are you having it installed (I'll be surprised if you are though :rofl:)? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Potentially another can of worms here but what's the deal with habitation cers for gas installs? Are they a legal or insurance requirement?

@xpfloyd whether legal or insurance requirement or not I would suggest it is good practice to have it gas certified and intended to suggest it but thought it might be ridiculed by others. I believe some caravan dealers with workshops are able to certify van installations.

The reason I ask is that my uncle was gas safe certified but let his ticket expire recently due to a change of career direction so he can check the safety for me but can't issue a certificate. If it's not a legal requirement or insurance requirement then this is the route I will go otherwise I will have to find somewhere local that can do it.

I called my insurance there to tell them about conversion being complete and they didn't ask for it. I doubled the insured value and it added 20% to the policy which was to be expected I suppose but that's everything now specified including alloys and B14s etc

@xpfloyd I believe that gas installation certification is a requirement to register a vehicle in France but as a tourist there should be no problems. Motor caravan dealers also can certify gas installations so try any caravan or motor caravan dealer with workshops to certify. Are you running the cooker off of the LPG too, if so you may wish to consider an isolator valve at the point of ingress?

Glad you've had a look at it all @xpfloyd , hope it all lands up doing the job for you.. Be interested in seeing the instal pics, and hearing your thoughts... :thumbsup:

Thanks @T6 Dave @T6 Dave's Dad . Just trying to avoid having to pay £100-£200 for a check I can get done for free without paperwork if possible.

The lpg tank will feed the heater below the van and also feed the cooker. I plan on putting an isolator valve on the low pressure pipe running into the van before it reaches the cooker.

I'll take loads of photos of the install and post them up in case they are of use to others

Your build thread @xpfloyd will be invaluable to others. It would be nice if there were a dedicated area (Build Reference Library?) where quality build threads such as yours and @Colinlp's could be relocated by only the Moderators once completed and closed for further posts after agreement by the builder. Should be worth bonus points too. What do you say @Pauly and @Loz ?

This is in the camper/day van conversions area...

Today I also bolted the LPG tank under the van. Still to plumb it in though. Managed to overtighten a bolt and break one of the hoops slightly though so need to wait until Monday and ask Autogas for advice to see if it needs replaced, hopefully not as it was a PITA to fit as I dont have access to a ramp so was lying under the van doing it. Next task is to take some of the plastic trim panels off the underside and find a suitable spot to mount the heater.

It was actually on the long term list but haven't got round to working out the parts list and cost yet. I think that I'll touch up paint the damage initially then look into the replacement next year once the bank balance recovers a bit. I do actually quite like the bumper I have but wish I could separate the upper grill to paint

Back