T6 LWB T30 140 Acapulco blue - Build Thread

Not sure how legal it is or whether you mind having a cheap option on your van, but we have a black diesel 5 litre jerry can. You know the ones you get for filling up your car when you run out of fuel?? Can't think on the right name for them (sorry). We have it connected with a bit of grey corrugated pipe. Works wonders for us and doesn't take up much room at all.

However, we are still running our mazda bongo. Have a while to go before we have enough saved for our VW.
:unsure:

Yep this is a no-no as far as I'm concerned. There are plenty of people out there who don't like campervans/motorhomes and are trying (and often succeeding) in getting more restrictions on where we can park. Dumping grey water on the ground plays right into their hands as they can lump us all together as "dirty travellers ".

Most conversions with cans, use say a 10ltr fresh, and a 15ltr grey for the sink..

I'll have the van up on axle stands hopefully on Sunday to fit the rib bed so while I'm under there I'll look at space options for mounting a waste tank. Failing that it will have to be a second tank in the furniture

I'll have the van up on axle stands hopefully on Sunday to fit the rib bed so while I'm under there I'll look at space options for mounting a waste tank. Failing that it will have to be a second tank in the furniture

Just get a bit of pipe to connect to the outlet and then put a waste water hog outside and it drains into that...then when it's full you can chuck it in the bushes and bob's your uncle! :eek:

With regards to the pee-ing outside comment, I've wild camped regularly my entire life (tents) and doing so is a necessity. It will also be required when in remote places in that van. I don't see an issue with this but don't want to open up a second can of worms

With regards to the pee-ing outside comment, I've wild camped regularly my entire life (tents) and doing so is a necessity. It will also be required when in remote places in that van. I don't see an issue with this but don't want to open up a second can of worms

You should get a bog in a bag...

Just get a bit of pipe to connect to the outlet and then out a waste water hog outside and it drains into that...

That's ok for campsites but I will be mainly out and about in the van, would be a pain going outside and connecting a tank everytime I want to run a tap then disconnecting before I move again. I'll need a more permanent solution I think although those tanks you linked to do look good

Threads got off topic.

Update on progress made this week -

Finished trim panels around roof
Installed led light shelf
Installed overhead locker
Installed LED lights with switches front and back of van
Installed 240v double socket

Jobs remaining -

Bolt down rib bed
Add facing panels to rib frame once bolted
Fit passenger side curtains when Kiravans get more stock
Fit passenger swivel when Kiravans get more stock
Send photos to dvla for reclassification

Things still to work out -

What heater to go for and where to locate it

Very close to completion now! Photos to follow

Oh and also need to start looking at awning options as haven't done that yet. Like the idea of the bolt on fiama type ones that wind out but have done zero research on awnings yet

Edit - also want to get a maxton splitter, and hydrodip my side bars, and fit a rear spoiler , and fit an underslung lpg tank

Starting to wonder if it will ever end :D

@xpfloyd Sorry for the topic departure as it has rather spoilt your flow. Perhaps @Pauly could transfer the offending posts to a new thread of "Waste Water Disposal?

Now to your post - you have made significant progress and I wouldn't offside any problem with the reclassification. What are you thinking of for a heater - just to heat space or water as well and are you going LPG after all? I suspect those are the decisions :confused: that you mention that you have to make. Good luck and we look forward to the photo update :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Ah don't worry about it, just wanted to get it back on track. No need to move posts @Pauly

I'm 99% sure I'm going the lpg tank route so thinking propex heater is the sensible option after that. Just want to heat the air. Someone put me off the propex saying you couldn't set the temperature so need to research that a bit

Ah don't worry about it, just wanted to get it back on track. No need to move posts @Pauly

I'm 99% sure I'm going the lpg tank route so thinking propex heater is the sensible option after that. Just want to heat the air. Someone put me off the propex saying you couldn't set the temperature so need to research that a bit
I thought you could, as its only a thermostat firing it up..

They made it sound like it was a thermostat that you basically wound round from off to full but couldn't actually set 18 degrees for example. I've not had time to look into it yet though. I suppose that wouldn't be a deal breaker. Just want to do a bit of reading to see if people actually like the propex heaters though and if they are noisy etc

They made it sound like it was a thermostat that you basically wound round from off to full but couldn't actually set 18 degrees for example. I've not had time to look into it yet though. I suppose that wouldn't be a deal breaker. Just want to do a bit of reading to see if people actually like the propex heaters though and if they are noisy etc

Here you go, have a read of this..
New thermostat arrives !! - Propex Heating & Leisure

This bit mentions another digital thermostat, but says it's a quiet unit, and gives consumption..

Propex HS2000 Heater - Blown Air space heater, thermostat - Gas power

Last edited:
Back