@Robert Hi mate, do you know if the Low beam pin 6 and high beam pin 11 are PWM signals or pure 12v?
There is a difference in cores (6 is 1.5mm and 11 is 0.5mm) as shown in ElsaWin so just wondering why the difference as there are no shutters in the LED lights.

Both low & high beam are 12V DC.
And when engine is running voltages are as follows.
20181117_111720.jpg
20181117_111731.jpg
Low beam is actually produced from the module with 3 LED chips and high beam module consists only 2 LED chips.
And this is the reason why the current consuption is lower on high beam and cable size was reduced accordingly.

In general LEDs are way more efficient than halogen light bulbs and therefore produce much more light with less wattage.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, really helped out.

Im using the halogen sidelight signal pin 10 to supply the LED headlight pins 10 and 12.
But when fitted this into the car, the DRL works fine, with the engine off.
As soon as the engine is on, the DRL flickers on and off.

I checked voltages and the with engine off, its around 11.8v at the pins
With the engine on its around 11.7 at the pins.

When i stick a bridge the pins with a full 14.4v from the battery with the engine on, the DRL work fine.

Do you think the BCM is not able to handle the load of the LED module and why is the BCM not pushing out a full 12v min? Could that be the issue? Not sure if you could check pin 10/12 on yours and see if your getting less than 12v or full battery voltage? If its full battery volatge, I'll have to use a relay and get the power direct from the battery.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ok checked and my high beam and low beam is 13.6v at the pins with the engine on, and yet the sidelight remains 11.7v
When driven by the 13.6v from the low beam, DRL is fine.
Could you check the actual power at your pins 10 and 12 please?

This is exactly how LED headlights will behave BEFORE coding, DRLs work with ignition off and when you start the engine they start strobing, headlights much the same will work with engine off and when engine is started they will randomly go off

My DRLs with engine running.

Voltage at PIN 12.
20181119_002408.jpg
And voltage at PIN 10
20181119_002434.jpg

By the way, have you done any coding yet?

Reactions: mmi
Thankyou very much for that!
That is extremely useful to know
So thats where my problem lies. My bcm is not supplying enough voltage
Ill install a relayed loom and get the drls working properly that way

Sorry i cant code the bcm - theres no options for lighting- The bcm is the basic version high only, and this was supposed to be a quick install in a polo 6r..:cry:

Last edited:
Another question i have is that one powerpack i have is
7PP941571AE and this works fine for dipped n main beam

The other side powerpack is
7PP941571AB and the low beam works but main beam doesnt switch on.

Have you guys had any experience with the version numbers?

Lichtex the supplier in germany said it needs recoding but i dont think thats possible so i guess i need to get version AE for it to work correctly.

Ok install all done and all working, used a relayed loom from the battery for DRL connection.
Small issue, there is a delay for the high beam to turn on when flashing from the stalk, and the headlight switch is off. When the headlights are on and the dip beam is powered, then there is no delay for the main beam.

Is there a delay for the flash main beam in your installation? Or is there a small amount of power going to the powerpack even when the headlights are off to ensure the flash works instantly?

Trying to work out how to provide power so its ready to use the main beam, without turning on the dip.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have 7PP941571A power modules and there is no delay when I flash high beam while low beam is ON.
When I flash high beam on its own there is tiny delay, but it is not something that would cause any inconvenience.
Literally is is a fraction of a second.
There is no way you could provide any secondary/auxiliary power supply to the power modules because low beam comes ON when the power is applied to pin 6 and high beam when the power is supplied to pin 11.

Ok cheers. Checked with VW and the original factory fitted pack for a Polo 6C 2015 was AE and now been superceded to version AC.
Looks like both mine maybe faulty.

I have had a faulty power module in the past that did this, when i flashed my main beam only one side would come on unless you held the button for a second or so then the other side would catch up
When turning the lights on there was also a noticeable delay between each side lighting up, it was only minimal and not an issue when turning the lights on but was obviously a problem when flashing main beam, i returned the power module to dealer for a new unit under warranty

For the VW T6 LED headlights retrofit the following VCDS modifications have to be done in the long coding of 09 BCM/CEM

Byte 18 bit 0 1
Byte 18 bit 1 1
Byte 18 bit 2 0
Byte 18 bit 3 0
Byte 18 bit 4 1
Byte 18 bit 5 1
Byte 18 bit 6 1
Byte 18 bit 7 0
Byte 21 bit 0 1
Byte 22 bit 4 1
Byte 23 bit 5 0

I forgot that my retrofit was from twin H7 to LED and I didn't take in consideration upgrade from H4.
So complete VCDS coding for LED upgrade/retrofit from either H4 or twin H7 should be as follows
Byte 18 bit 0 1
Byte 18 bit 1 1
Byte 18 bit 2 0
Byte 18 bit 3 0
Byte 18 bit 4 1
Byte 18 bit 5 1
Byte 18 bit 6 1
Byte 18 bit 7 0
Byte 21 bit 0 1
Byte 22 bit 2 0
Byte 22 bit 4 1
Byte 23 bit 5 0

Hi, Robert, This is the latest BCM coding, as you see there are lot of faults. Still can you see what is that which causing suddenly lights off? At same time I made MFSW retrofitting and it's working fine.

Attachments

• Scan-WV1ZZZ7HZJH079157-20181128-2122-11100km-6897mi.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 100
Can you just confirm what is not working as expected? Obviously front LED-wise.

Can you just confirm what is not working as expected? Obviously front LED-wise.
The headlights low and high, when car is not moving seem all to work normally but when car is moving quite quickly all lights turn off. Also using blinking left or right flickering happend.
DRL/park light turn off and flashing. I used relays differently for drl, low and high beam, trigger comes T14 each own pins wire which is cut after trigger wire and supply comes via relay to lampT14 each own pin separately.
Back lights works fine. Here latest BCM coding with.
Regards Juhani

Attachments

• Scan-WV1ZZZ7HZJH079157-20181129-1934-11100km-6897mi.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 50
Back