YESBOY

T6 Pro
Not sure if anybody can clear this question up please?

T6 Caravelle executive 204dsg
It shows under the bonnet gross weight 3080 same as V5 but when I phone VW they tell me it's a t32 because it's got the larger suspension arms 55mm not 50mm on build sheet
So is it a legal requirement to have t32 load rated wheels and Tyres as it's a passanger vehicle not a Commercial Van ???
But My receipt shows 18" Springfield with 103 load rated tyres ? (one of the options)

IMG_6134.PNG
Not sure if anybody can clear this question up please?

T6 Caravelle executive 204dsg
It shows under the bonnet gross weight 3080 same as V5 but when I phone VW they tell me it's a t32 because it's got the larger suspension arms 55mm not 50mm on build sheet
So is it a legal requirement to have t32 load rated wheels and Tyres as it's a passanger vehicle not a Commercial Van ???
But My receipt shows 18" Springfield with 103 load rated tyres ? (one of the options)

If it's over 3000Kg then it can't be a T30 - so it would make sense that it's a T32.
For wheels and tyres, the important information is the axle weights - which may be shown under the bonnet as well as in the sheets above.
If you have a 1610Kg as your highest axle weight, then you need wheels and tyres rated to half of this figure - 805Kg.

If it's over 3000Kg then it can't be a T30 - so it would make sense that it's a T32.
For wheels and tyres, the important information is the axle weights - which may be shown under the bonnet as well as in the sheets above.
If you have a 1610Kg as your highest axle weight, then you need wheels and tyres rated to half of this figure - 805Kg.

Thanks
I will check the plate under bonnet, but I was lead to believe that if it was a t32 then you needed 860kg per wheel and a 103 tyre ?
Not the typical 102 tyre that you can get it most sizes

If you look at the T32 axle weights in your image, the T32 has axle weights of 1710 / 1720.
Take the higher figure of 1720kg, halve it gives you 860Kg per wheel / tyre.

That's why the axle weights are the important factor - not simply looking at whether something is a "T30" or a "T32".

If you look at the T32 axle weights in your image, the T32 has axle weights of 1710 / 1720.
Take the higher figure of 1720kg, halve it gives you 860Kg per wheel / tyre.

That's why the axle weights are the important factor - not simply looking at whether something is a "T30" or a "T32".

Chopman
So why the need for a 103 tyre I wonder ?
It gets so confusing as a 102 is perfectly fine if that's the case but it states a 103 on VW website and that's what is on purchase receipt !!!!!
Maybe a grey area due to not being a commercial van

Maybe a size issue. I've got a T30 which has axle weights of 1610/1500 so in fact I need the same wheel rating as you do.
I've got 103 tyres fitted on mine as I wanted to fit the 255/45 size rather than 235/50 size.

Hey guys it's a VW, therefore it's not logical even going by axle ratings, wheel ratings and tyres. I guess VW's confusion is just not with EGR Valves.

Maybe a size issue. I've got a T30 which has axle weights of 1610/1500 so in fact I need the same wheel rating as you do.
I've got 103 tyres fitted on mine as I wanted to fit the 255/45 size rather than 235/50 size.

Yes mine is 1620 and 1515 under bonnet so a bit higher ??
Springfield 18" come home on 255/45/18 103

If thats your axle ratings off the black sticker, under your bonnet, then you can fit 102 tyres, which are good for up to 1700kg per axle.

This may of just opened the doors to a lot more choice of wheels and tyres .........
It was due to the suspension being a t32 set up that Made me believe it was rated as t32
So this may be the same for all caravelle owners
Obviously if I was to fit the higher load rated items it's more peace of mind when loading it up for the weekends away !!

Its always down to axle weights. You only need a 102 - Which is suffice even when fully loaded - uou shouldn't overload the gross weight/axle weight anyway. You can enjoy 275/35 20's

Thanks for the reply.I thought the suspension would be an easy thing to do compared to looking for wheels but maybe not.I'm picking it up Friday so whilst it's still at the dealership will see if the salesman can find out for me.

Hello newbie here and was going to post the same question with regards to t30 or t32 for a Caravelle.So for ordering b14 it would be for a T32.

If you take a photo of the front suspension, and post on here, it's easy enough to reel the difference

I've asked the salesman so will see what he comes back with.Will put picture up if no joy with him.Cheers Bognor.

I'm looking to order b14 for my Caravelle and not sure if T30 or T32.I've measured what i think is the strut with a vernier(58mm).Sorry i'm a bit clueless with this but measured the cylinder below the spring.Appreciate any help with this.

IMG_0317.JPG

Back