T6 Bulbs & Lamps

Yes, as you say, maybe xenon upgrade kit for front end with all bulbs same colour would be good.
Was just an idea btw, not trying to twist your arm.

Must say I'd be with CRD on this. Read about the H7 that Polzylad had fitted, so did some research but whoosh, straight over my head. But a complete set to change all front bulbs would be ideal, for me anyway. The yellow glow bugs me now.
Yes, as you say, maybe xenon upgrade kit for front end with all bulbs same colour would be good.
Was just an idea btw, not trying to twist your arm.

Ok i will get onto it, only bit i need to find is DRL lamps with exact colour match.
I have low end and high end sets but none with DRL lamp, will hopefully get something in shop over weekend

Ok i will get onto it, only bit i need to find is DRL lamps with exact colour match.
I have low end and high end sets but none with DRL lamp, will hopefully get something in shop over weekend
Ideal Pauly. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Ideal Pauly. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

New to this bulb thing, so bear with me. I'm keen to lose the yellow effect from the Drl's so is it a case of just replacing the bulb with an led type from the higher end T6 models?

Pretty much yes, i am putting together some kits of white bulbs at the moment, i have options for headlight/sidelight/foglight but struggling get DRL lamps to match, there arent many options in standard filament lamps, lots of options in LED but the colours are very different

image.jpeg I am after changing the bulbs before the dark evenings . I have found the h4 on your link but they are out of stock but want to do the DRLs and would be happy to use LEDs as they don't come on with the head lights . Has anyone found a make that work without faults or a link would be good . I fitted a hid kit to my last transit custom sport but they kept giving fault warnings on the dash. Also want to to do the cab lights and load area with LEDs if anyone can help .i have added a photo of a charger I found on Amazon it only has one outlet but it shows the temp and voltage if you like that sort of thing.

Last edited:
As mentioned before i am happy to put together some kits of lamps internal/external but would be cheaper for members to buy themselves individually as i would be buying them in putting together and sending on so two lots of postage ?

Damn, damn, damn, mine have to live in the flip top bit on top of the dash.
Wonder if I can do some re-engineering? Can't be much of anything in that gap.
Mine has sunglasses holder above drivers door. Mine is Kombi Highline. All interior lights and front are non LED, but tail lights are all LED

As mentioned before i am happy to put together some kits of lamps internal/external but would be cheaper for members to buy themselves individually as i would be buying them in putting together and sending on so two lots of postage ?
That would be awesome if they were in a kit. I would like all front bulbs including fogs to be LED on mine. No fault codes and just plug and play would be great! Keep me posted please. If not can we list all the ones with no known fault codes?

Reactions: Ade
image.jpeg image.png image.png I have fitted some replacement bulbs today. Went for the Philips white vision and fitted the blue side lights that came with them but then fitted a couple of LEDs I had the same as I fitted in the over head cab lights. These made the lamps look really good in the daylight . Still haven't got the LEDs for the DRLs but I have only just realised the DRLs are on when just sidelights are on so should match .

Regarding the DRL Lights i have used these on my T^ and they work very well with no error on the dash and a nice bright white light follow linkhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-VW-T5-T6-TRANSPORTER-PURE-XENON-WHITE-CREE-LED-P21W-1156-BA15S-DRL-UPGRADE-/251393601538?hash=item3a8839f002:g:3wAAAOxy3zNSmzfT

I fitted those but the LEDs flashed dimly when the lights weren't on. The flashing did stop after 1 minute if you locked the van, but didn't seem to ever stop if you left the van unlocked. Not ideal for stealth camping!!

So I fitted these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AWDL9YU/ref=pe_385721_148007301_TE_3p_dp_1
and they seem fine

Last edited:
Like the idea of the Forum shop bulbs @Pauly
On my list of things to research and buy. I suspect this offer would be really popular and really convenient.
Well done !

They will be in the shop soon i only have one kit supplied as demo ATM more stock still to arrive but will consist of headlight H4 foglight H11 and sidelight 501 lamps

They will be in the shop soon i only have one kit supplied as demo ATM more stock still to arrive but will consist of headlight H4 foglight H11 and sidelight 501 lamps
Please make sure the H11 is a proper replacement for fog lights and has a blanking cap on the end... otherwise they don't use the reflector correctly and dazzle everyone... (having extensively researched this on the Touareg)

Back