T6 Bulbs & Lamps

Feeling a bit short changed, only two lights with no obvious way of switching them on with doors shut?

@Polzeylad are yours the same have you found a way to turn them on?

Rear interior lights are superb, the same two light and air con bars as on T5

Fairly sure we can turn ours on independently of the doors being open/shut.

Certainly not short changed on lighting in the Cali; two dimmable LEDs in the tailgate, three in the roof (plus a ready handy roof 12v socket). Then about four other interior lights and a strip light for the kitchen.

Plenty of lights!

Damn, damn, damn, mine have to live in the flip top bit on top of the dash.
Wonder if I can do some re-engineering? Can't be much of anything in that gap.

@Polzeylad
@Caravellet6
Do you know if the LED lights in and around cali/vele ie roof, ceiling, step take LED lamps or are integrated in to the fittings
Just wondering if theres a bulb type to list or not if that makes sense

I've had a good look through the manual - plenty about replacing tail and headlight bulbs but nothing about the interior one.
I'm pretty sure they are replaceable - just looking at them I'd say the covers probably come off.

Finally used my H7 equipped headlights properly last night; perfectly fine and genuinely decent on main beam.
Happy with them.

Met a nice chap in a at Rotherham T5 yesterday, wanted to know where I got the new front end and LED lights from, he wanted to put them on his van, which was a very nice T5.1 in red. Had to explain its a T6, he was very surprised, didn't know they were out!

I had a good chat with a German guy at our first site in Spain; he had a black 180 Cali and was looking rather keen on our T6; his wife was also sold. Reckon VW will have another order soon...

Definitely feels a bit novel having a van that's pretty new and so far, pretty rare.

I did think about it but cant buy them anywhere with any kind of discount, members would basically be paying more to buy from us ?? kinda defeats the point of the shop

I did think about it but cant buy them anywhere with any kind of discount, members would basically be paying more to buy from us ?? kinda defeats the point of the shop
Yes, but I think just getting all the bulbs required from a one-stop-shop knowing they are all compatible would be attractive to some, me included!

Ok point taken, can you elaborate a bit more more on what kind of lamps you are thinking off.
LEDs tend to be a bit hit and miss and are often not strictly road legal so i would probably shy away from that but could look at genuine philips/osram white lamps or similar xenon style ?

Back