T6.1 Ignition live fuse

Cali

Hi, all new to this, so apologies for any errors in posting.
I have a new t6.1 kombi 199, but no fuse box layout.
Looking for an ignition live fuse I can piggy back off of for a dash cam etc, the fitted 12v sockets are all permanent live.
Was going to look for daytime running the lights fuse, would that be okay?
Any hints tips greatly accepted, fuse box layout would be good start, can't believe you don't get one in the manual.
Apologies again if this has already been talked to death on line.
Cheers

Welcome to T6Forum!

Couple easy ones in the cabin fuse box that are typical vag one sided fuse locations for different add ons if you’ve got some vag wiring connections can just pop out in the back of the fuse box or like you say pop in a piggy back fuse but just not as neat

Can send you a quick picture of it helps ?

Picture would be a big help.
Seems strange that a layout of the fuses is not available on line anywhere!
Cheers

First pic is of panel , I’ve put a piggy back fuse in This picture now hard wired as I wanted to make sure it was a reliable feed

FDDBCD56-A4A2-40C3-B99E-403086E0B0B1.jpeg

In the fuse box it’s the middle row and third from the top

Hi thanks for the picture , mine is a different fuse box. T6.1 Kombi 199

Here is a couple of pics of mine drivers side lower dash.

I am going to look for the day time running lights fuse, god knows which one that is?

Thanks for your time, cheers.

Fuse box.JPGFuse box1.JPG

Sorry mate if you look at the empty holders there will be a couple that have one terminal, these are normally either constant or ignition feed, if you have a test light but better still multi meter can check then can piggy back or hard wire

Topman, Niknak. done as you recommended bingo. Job done.
At least that's one job off the list.
Cheers

Cheers
When you fit the piggyback make sure the tail is pointing up and not down, otherwise your new circuit won’t be fused.

Last edited:
Any info on where I can take a ignition live from on the t6.1 dashboard fusebox
Middle strip on dashboard right fuse box.. Mine only has a few lives so used piggy back fuse to get an ignition live.. this runs to the back of the van for the cig lighter socket..

Cheers
Can you tell me which ones you used for ignition live and pemanent live in the end please? I've got the same T6.1 fuse layout as you.
Also did you find somewhere to earth, I cannot see an obvious place in or near the fuse box?

image0.jpeg

IMG_0349.jpg

Red: 12V Ignition switched live fuses.
Blue: The Common +12V side

1615467548613.png

I haven't look for a decent Ground point yet... That's a job for next month for me... watching this thread!

Red: 12V Ignition switched live fuses.
Blue: The Common +12V side

View attachment 107763

I haven't look for a decent Ground point yet... That's a job for next month for me... watching this thread!
How do you fit the ‘missing‘ terminal for the fuses in the red box. I hope that makes some sense.

I'll be fitting a dashcam to my 6.1 Cali when it it arrives, how did you route the wires to that fuse box, was it tucked into headlining, remove A pillar trim and then feed from corner of windscreen behind dash to fuse box, that's the route I took on my old 5.1.

Thanks

I'll be fitting a dashcam to my 6.1 Cali when it it arrives, how did you route the wires to that fuse box, was it tucked into headlining, remove A pillar trim and then feed from corner of windscreen behind dash to fuse box, that's the route I took on my old 5.1.

Thanks
Yes, pretty much that but I ran wire down the A pillar and through the side panel. Ended up in front of the fuse box.

Reactions: Abx
Back