T6.1 Ignition live fuse

Hi there. More than little idea how to this but as others looking for a switched ignition live for my ctek. I used a test meter and earthed it and then I touched the copper sections in blue with other side of test unit. Nothing reading on meter but I’m 100% sure I’m not doing it right. How do I find the slot or fuse yo piggy back? Thanks in advance
Read page 2 of this thread. It tells you exactly which bay in the fuse box contains ignition live fuses.

Hi, I removed the side panel easy enough but not sure of how to remove the A-pillar trim, how did you remove that and the handle? without damaging the handle trim.

You need to pry the grab handle cover off, really easy to damage but a new one if about a fiver from VW so they are priced to be replaceable, then remove the grab handle, this will loosen the A pillar trim enough so you can tuck the wire behind it.

Just fitted my old Nextbase dashcam into my T6.1 using the hard wire kit. Just a note to all- the torx screw behind the panel shown in one of the pictures is NOT a solid enough earth. Drill a self-tapper into the metal work and a-fix the ground/earth to that.

Just fitted my old Nextbase dashcam into my T6.1 using the hard wire kit. Just a note to all- the torx screw behind the panel shown in one of the pictures is NOT a solid enough earth. Drill a self-tapper into the metal work and a-fix the ground/earth to that.
Or even better use the OEM earth stud that’s just under the carpet behind the bonnet release lever

Hi, I've wired a piggy into the empty bay left of the 7.5amp in my T6.1, using a 10amp fuse on the higher socket of the blade, as shown in pictures in this thread. I used 16awg wire (although solid core) to go to my Sterling BBS1230 Ignition Feed. However, the indicator light on the BBS is sometimes on when ignition turned on, then at other times is off even though ig is on!?
Could it be inadequate wire gauge? Or is the fuse bay I'm using incorrect for what i need it to do?

Driving me mad - any help would be appreciated.

Or even better use the OEM earth stud that’s just under the carpet behind the bonnet release lever
You're not talking about the threaded stud that the has a plastic nut that retains the carpet are you? I used that initially and had some issues!

Last edited:
No, that’s not an earth stud. It’s on the rhs you can just see it in your photo with all the brown wires going to it

No, that’s not an earth stud. It’s on the rhs you can just see it in your photo with all the brown wires going to it
Ah got it. I've always avoided brown wires! I'd have used this if the wires were black! What I could have done is checked with my meter, but the brown wires were screaming at me not to put a negative near them! :)

Any brown wire in your van is -ve.

Thanks to all who posted on this thread as I’ve successfully hardwired my Nextbase dash cam today.

John.

Just fitted a WOLFBOX G900 dashcam to my T6.1 and really impressed. I followed the thread and did the hardwired install using the ground that is under the carpet next to the bonnet catch. I connected the one wire to the ignition on bank of fuses and as recommended in earlier posts used the spare slot next to the 7.5 fuse.

I still need to find a permanent live for the other wire which allows the dashcam to work with the ignition off and monitor the vehicle while your away.

I did have one moment of panic as when I first went to drive the van the windscreen wipers stopped working. More searching on the forum and I realised I’d unlatched the bonnet while I was fitting the earth cable next to the bonnet catch. The wipers wont work when the bonnet catch isn’t properly closed. Panic over.

E88AA796-3483-4C17-A858-1126F2ED9B41.jpeg

E487471B-5533-4B84-AEA1-7CEB33719FC1.jpeg

10AC7D3A-6DBA-4067-BA08-17136308D6E2.jpeg

Just fitted a WOLFBOX G900 dashcam to my T6.1 and really impressed. I followed the thread and did the hardwired install using the ground that is under the carpet next to the bonnet catch. I connected the one wire to the ignition on bank of fuses and as recommended in earlier posts used the spare slot next to the 7.5 fuse.

I still need to find a permanent live for the other wire which allows the dashcam to work with the ignition off and monitor the vehicle while your away.

I did have one moment of panic as when I first went to drive the van the windscreen wipers stopped working. More searching on the forum and I realised I’d unlatched the bonnet while I was fitting the earth cable next to the bonnet catch. The wipers wont work when the bonnet catch isn’t properly closed. Panic over.

View attachment 192879

View attachment 192880

View attachment 192881
Look at this thread Blackvue Dashcam Install
The photo of the fuse box shows both the the live feed and switched feed.

Edit, permanent live and switched live

Last edited:
Back