Dash cam Hard wire kit

Aironaught

VIP Member
Hi All, I am trying to install my hardwire dashcam kit with fuse taps (T6.1 fuse box under / right side of the steering wheel).

Can someone point out which fuse i should use for the permanent live and switch live please?

Any help would be appreciated.

T6.1 Fuse box.jpeg

Apologies for missing this :rolleyes:. Perhaps if you'd titled the thread differently someone might have answered.

You wouldn't believe how many times this has been covered on here. A simple search will have found you the answer.

Thanks for the update despite not posting a resolution.

For anyone else with a similar issue......

I used this reference (picture below) on another post from Deaky (Thank you) that told me which row was switched, and although it was asked which to use as no wiring diagrams provided by VW no answer was posted (as which fuses to use). Any other post I couldn’t find 2 sources as requested Battery and switched for the T6.1.

I also used the Fuse diagram from another post for the T6.1

I was just kind of hoping that someone would have said which fuses would have been the best ones to use.I did make the mistake of unplugging the airbag light in the roof control panel. Having wired the dashcam up I forgot about the airbag light before turning on the ignition to test the camera. Now I have the airbag fault error - I will have to use the VCDS software when I arrive back home on Friday to clear it.

Apologies as a new member - I was trying to search for answers and even posted on another post before creating my own. I'm not sure how else I could off titled it differently

1710352084246.png

I used fuse 42 as the switched live - 7.5A-Light Switch E1, Accident Data Button/Memory E497/J794, Steering Column Switch E595, Interior Mirror EX5, Tachograph G24, Adaptive Cruise Unit J428, Terminal 15 Relay 2 J681, Vehicle Communication Control Unit J1262, Front Camera R242, Anti-dazzle mirror Y7

And I used fuse 53 as the permanent live - 10A-Reverse Camera J772/R189, Amp R12, Media/Phone Interface R238/R265

Last edited:
It really doesn’t matter which fuse you use. They are all fed from the same bus bar.

Back