SOLVED: Rear light problem

LED rears or standard? I'll put up a circuit diagram

Thanks I'll check power at these connectors, at present there's no power going to the rear right light

Just checked the voltage on the rear light connectors under the passenger seat, The left rear light all works ok and has the correct voltage,
however the right rear light connector (Green Connector) is not showing any voltage as the lights all run from the same fuse and that's ok I'm confussed

Any other suggestions

Really struggling with this fault there's no power going to the rear right light and the brake lights are dim, I've checked various things but can't find the fault. Obviously the fuses and relays are ok as all other lights are working ok.

With the main dealer closed at present and who knows when I'll get it booked in I'm stuck. Is there anything else I can check ?

Thanks

They may be on the same fuse but switched from the BCU, have you checked at the connectors on the BCU?

Voltage showing on the green connector for the right rear light under the pass seat on the blue cable 7.76 volts

IMG_20200616_113339.jpg

IMG_20200616_113346.jpg

The RH tail light is a grey/red wire through that plug.
Stop light Black/red
Indicator Black/white

Last edited:
Both stop lights are connected to the same wire. The tail lights have individual wires

RH tail light grey/red
LH tail light grey/black in the same green connector.

Have a look at the wiring diagrams I posted. All the wire colours and route information is there.

I'm not waisting anymore time on it put into the dealer they can deal with it pretty ridiculous having electrical faults with 12 k on the clock. Thanks for help much appreciated

I'm not waisting anymore time on it put into the dealer they can deal with it pretty ridiculous having electrical faults with 12 k on the clock. Thanks for help much appreciated
Don't blame you TBH, hope they get it sorted.

Rear light fault fixed, Van was in VW and they couldn't find the fault as the van is converted to a camper they didn't want to start removing any panels or units as I would of been charged labour, they were very helpful and advised I check the wiring loom, anyway problem found a split cable in the roof wiring loom ( the one that runs accross below the roof brake light) VW still need to sort the abs light. Have to say they were very helpful, thanks for everyone's help on this much appreciated.

Rear light fault fixed, Van was in VW and they couldn't find the fault as the van is converted to a camper they didn't want to start removing any panels or units as I would of been charged labour, they were very helpful and advised I check the wiring loom, anyway problem found a split cable in the roof wiring loom ( the one that runs accross below the roof brake light) VW still need to sort the abs light. Have to say they were very helpful, thanks for everyone's help on this much appreciated.
Glad to hear it’s sorted.

I presume all the wiring had been checked? Have you tested the connectors to see whether there is any power at the connectors? Has the van been converted and sustained any damage to the wiring?
@Spaghetti was on the money. It’s happened to others who’ve had conversion work - I think the last was a drop-out in the reversing camera.

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

@Spaghetti was on the money. It’s happened to others who’ve had conversion work - I think the last was a drop-out in the reversing camera.

My converters forgot to plug the ultrasonics for the alarm back in, so the alarm LED was showing an error and the deadlocking wasn’t working. Luckily VW assist looked at it and didn’t charge me. This was before I had Carista, or I’d have checked it myself!

Anyone know why I have no power at the diagnostic socket, checked the fuse but ok, also have a Acc error shown on the dash at start up only, Vans running perfect other than that Cheers

Back