THQ light problems please help

Is your new headlight switch an aftermarket 'Auto' one with it's own sensor on the end on a wire? They can be very hit and miss. We had one in the Polo, but after a few weeks it went in the bin.
I’ve removed the aftermarket light switch and even bought a genuine VW one with the double fog light.
When that didn’t help I stripped out the fog light wires and pin connector I’d fitted in the light switch plug. Then fitted the original light switch.
Still didn’t help.

Sounds like the BCM is dropping the sidelights for some reason, maybe excess current for the THQ headlights causing it to overheat, or maybe not comparable with the LED bulbs.
The LED bulbs are the ones supplied by THQ with the V3 headlights and the rear LED lights are THQ also. Both meant to be plug and play with no faults.
I’ve fitted the original rear lights and still get the problem so it’s definitely the headlights that the problem is coming from.
I’m going to have to check the headlight loom to see if it’s been tampered with or something connected to it.

Back