SOLVED: Rear light problem

Mark72

Help My rear right indicator and the lower two bulbs for the rear light have stopped working all others are ok I have replaced the bulbs

Got any bulb warnings on the dash?

Have you messed with any electrical?

Check the conection at the rear of the clusters..

Also check the midpoint conection plugs under the passenger seat.

Got any more info?

Yeah the bulb warning light is on the dash, The van's been sitting in the driveway for weeks & I've got brake warning lights on the dash prob due to it sitting.
The only thing i've fitted was a solar panel connected to the leisure battery but that's separate, seems odd its only on the right side indicator & part of the rear light.
I need to test it using a multi meter, prob something silly. Thanks

Will give that try, going to start taking it for a drive every couple off days, never had any issues before it's only done 12,000

Thanks for you're help much appreciated

Do you have a battery charger ?
Might be worth giving the main battery a weekly charge with a decent charger.

Pete

Check the earth connection lug for corrosion.

I would defo start with a fully charged battery followed by a disconnect to reset everything

Yes I have a charger may take the battery out and fully charge it

You don’t need to take the battery out to charge it (unless of course the van is too far from a mains socket).

Pete

You don’t need to take the battery out to charge it
If you charge it like this, just make sure you connect the negative side to an earth point and not the negative terminal of your battery.

Still have a problem with my rear light & Indicator it's only on the right side rear light where the indicator & rear light has stopped working

I have checked & changed the bulbs but still nothing, The battery has been fully charged as suggested, tried disconnecting the battery to clear codes, checked the under seat wiring
it looks like the fog lights don't work either

I have even tried swapping the rear lights around to check if the rear light unit was faulty, but still the same

Other than putting it into VW I'm Total stuck on this one!

I presume all the wiring had been checked? Have you tested the connectors to see whether there is any power at the connectors? Has the van been converted and sustained any damage to the wiring?

Have you scanned the ECU for faults?

The van is a 2018 12,000 miles so all new, it has been converted into a camper also had a towbar fitted about 6 months ago, everything was ok and it was used daily until the lockdown where its not been used much.

The camper install is really stand alone apart from the Ctek charger linked to the lesuire battery but there is a cut off switch that isolates the two

I just ran Carista through it and this was what came up

Engine 25126 Not sure what this is

ABS 00072 Tracers for fog tail light
00088 Load monitoring for starter battery
04199 Not sure what this is

Central Elec 01758 Bulbs for rear light
03432 Central Circuit parking light Right
03432 Central Circuit parking light Right

Thanks for you're help at my wits end with this

Try adding an earth to the plug at the light...

Totally stuck tried everything fuses ,earth is ok as other bulbs are working. I am getting a start/stop error message on the dash too and one of the fault codes is 00088 load monitoring for starter battery but the van starts and drives ok, can't really see how a battery issue could stop part of the rear light working never seen anything like this before. Rubbish VW

IMG_20200603_133212.jpg

Back