Tail lights and fog lights are not working

I have fitted a sliding/rotating front passenger seat base and have taken the connections and that where these and lowered them under the cab lining

Well, that certainly is the kind of ‘event’ that could affect the connections. Can you put a multimeter probe on both sides of the connection to check for continuity?

Can’t tell from the image but one of the connectors should have:

Grey/black
White/black
Grey/white
Green/black
Yellow/black
Red/gray

(And maybe more) wires going in both sides. That’s the one that contains both fog and rear lights.

Worth checking while you’re there that it doesn’t feel damp.

If it were me, I’d identify the connector, and with the ignition off and key out, use a multimeter probe set on continuity, test each of the pin pairs (I.e. from one side of each pin connection to the other.

Alternatively, switch your running lights on and ask someone to watch the rear lights while you gently manipulate the connections on the correct connector.

Last edited:
Also, check to see if your lights work when the swivel baseplate is out - perhaps pressure from the baseplate is stressing a connector?

It is very common for fuses to be removed and then replaced in the wrong slot, happens despite the best care.
Just one thing to eliminate.

Reactions: CJW
I have checked every fuse next to gear knob because not sure which fuse it is. Are there any other fuse boxes I should check.
Lights have all worked upto a week ago

Did you carry out any work prior to them not working?
Yes there are other fuses, all fuse and wiring diagrams are available with VIP Membership

Whilst you’ve got access to the connectors, worth putting the multimeter on the grey/black pin whilst the running lights are switched on to check if you’ve got some voltage there.

m Desparate
Im going away today in my T5.1 and its dead, just saying to check SAFELOCK the battery has been dead and recharged overnight. Have I got to do a sequence to get it started again.

Hi Guys, sorry about that last post but I replaced 1 green 30amp SC23 Starter Relays fuse in the wrong slot and could not get the van working. Been sorting that for the last 2 days:mad:. Im back on these bloody side lights and fog lights again now.

Grey/black
White/black
Grey/white
Green/black
Yellow/black
Red/gray

(And maybe more) wires going in both sides. That’s the one that contains both fog and rear lights.

If it were me, I’d identify the connector, and with the ignition off and key out, use a multimeter probe set on continuity, test each of the pin pairs (I.e. from one side of each pin connection to the other.

Alternatively, switch your running lights on and ask someone to watch the rear lights while you gently manipulate the connections on the correct connector.
Hi CJW, yes they do seem very slightly damp I am drying them out now

IMG-7753.jpg

Grey/black
White/black
Grey/white
Green/black
Yellow/black
Red/gray

Off to a funeral now will try all that you have said at the weekend really appreciate all your help with this

Back