Snow and ice performance of T6

Farnorthsurfer - As I said above, I've got the Michelin Cross Climates on an Audi 4WD and they're great but so they should be at £250 a corner for the Audi 20" wheels that I have!

Good shout on not using 4 seasons on the front only - never thought of that.

Any other views / recommendations appreciated.

Tyre wise you want to avoid anything that will promote oversteer. Thats why even if replacing just 2 tyres like for like the new ones (with the best grip) should go on the rear.

Tyre wise you want to avoid anything that will promote oversteer. Thats why even if replacing just 2 tyres like for like the new ones (with the best grip) should go on the rear.
It was fun while it lasted,,, sort of. Early training on a Morris Marina gives you good oversteer control instincts :laugh:

I have fitted Bridgestone A005 to my van, not used them in anger in snow but on very wet roads in monsoon conditions they have been faultless.
They are 3 peak rated. Look like an F1 wet tyre.

I agree, brilliant tyres in the current monsoon conditions, but do reduce the mpg somewhat compared to my summer tyres.

I had a Morris marina super with vinal roofing.
:) 1972 1.8 Super in Wild Moss Green with a huge bright orange whip aerial and 155 tyres, lever arm dampers with heavy duty gearbox oil..... Bilstein... Pah
Sorry...... massive thread creep, won't happen again Guv'nor.

I went to middle of swiss alps a few days ago hoping for a snowy car park but at it's been 17c over the weekend and no snow for weeks that idea was quickly dashed

I'm a bit OCD with tyres. :sneaky: All 4 have to be the same make, tread pattern etc. As they wear I swap them around so that I replace 4 at a time. I do the same on my car, the wife's car and three daughters cars. I know that if you've got China express remoulds on the front nearside and Pirelli or any other premium brand on the other side, when you slam on the anchors in an emergency it won't stop straight and will have a longer overall stopping distance. In the same vein I won't put winter tyres on the front and summer tyres on the back or vice versa, or even different brands on the same car / van, different brands have different handling characteristics.
I recently bought a car for my daughter, a very tidy corsa, but 4 different brands of cheap crap tyres, 3mm tread left. Straight to the tyre depot for 4 new boots!
I accept that those with the banded / staggered steels (They look fantastic IMO:thumbsup:) might need to use different widths, but generally 4 the same is best, I mean, it was sold brand new with 4 the same.

Back