I think its where the rubber seal gets dirt in. Take this section out and clean seal often will help.

Thank you, will endeavour to make use of this info over the weekend. At least there’s plenty of rain around to test my work :rofl:

So noticed slight leak on my factory sliding window, only really after washing the van.Could see the seal had come away and took it to the dealers who agreed it needed a new unit but would not contribute as i am 3 months out of warranty... ordered one from ebay for £90 posted and took ten mintues to fit it.... looked at the guide on here but did not remove the mech part of it just used a couple of trim tools... took the other side out to clean and noticed the seal has come out of the unit but managed to grease it all up and fit it back in... few pics of the damaged unit seeing that the unit had delaminated and rusted on a 26k mile caravelle....

I think these windows should be a quick release design to allow for removal and cleaning as part of a 6 monthly check...

rD5Dzyc.jpg

RTFl2Ds.jpg

pzmLAQk.jpg

Watched that video but dont think that is a drain hole, or at least not according to vw tech at manchester
Yep im not sure also. I thought there was no drain hole hence the leaks. But you never know if vw have added one. No harm in cleaning out though.

My sliding door window was replaced yesterday.....took some time but hopefully it's good for a couple of years!!

When I collected my used Kombi in April, the side windows showed signs of leakage. Dealer was happy to replace under warranty.
To me the seals looked dry and dusty, so I bought a bottle of silicon oil and cleaned and coated the rubber seals.
No leakage whatsoever since, kids have opened and closed windows and we've had real downpours and I've washed it with the Karcher.
Happy days:)

Good morning,

I know that this topic has been discussed numerous times and there is a good "how to guide" to cleaning the drain holes.

It has been successful on one side, but not the other and I have had to book it in to my local dealer which is Sinclair VW commercials - Swansea.

Has anyone used them before for this kind of problem or had any experiences which I need to be aware of.

Thanking you all in advance.

Not related to the Swansea dealer but I had a similar issue with a leak. Double check your door card is not damaged by the water. Mine had bowed out slightly and ended up scratching the rear wheel arch when the door was opened. VW initially said they wouldn't fix the paint so I was a tad upset. I told them to only call me when the paint is fixed. Still under warranty. In for paint at the moment so hopefully will come back fixed.

Back