Show us your Christmas prezzies

The airfix is awesome. Want one.
The trick is to go light on the glue but that only works if you don't have sausage-fingers! :D

I got one of those as well - no glue required. Just wish the blue was a little bit darker.

Airfix paint. Local model shop.
I can see a colour change comp coming on!

I've actually got a neighbour who runs a spray shop. He's mixed touch up paints for my bikes (the pedal kind) before now (I've got Kinesis, Cannondale and Specialized bikes and none of them do touch up paint or will give you a paint code). He will mix an Acapulco Blue if asked and get a bottle of Vino Collapso in return. Something to think about!

Not 100% sure yet. We come from Aberdeenshire so not really a big slog to get to the NC500.
Hoping for later this year though.
:D

Are you guys planning the NC500 trip too??

Edit: forgot to insert quote. Sorry @moomin-j

Not 100% sure yet. We come from Aberdeenshire so not really a big slog to get to the NC500.
Hoping for later this year though.
:D

Are you guys planning the NC500 trip too??

@Stewby, Later this year? - blimey, are you doing the 500 miles in the last 2 days of 2019? :eek::p :rofl: :thumbsup:

I have the same book and the map of the route, printed off in A3, so we can hopefully find little places off the main route that come recommended.
I know that there are a few threads on here that are well worth reading.
We tried to do it Easter 2019, but unexpected family commitments called it off at the last moment...
So we have booked time off to do it over 9 days Easter 2020, 1 day to drive 500 ish miles to the starting point, 7 days to do the 500 and then 1 day to drive home.
We would prefer to have a longer time, but the young 'un is only 12 and we have to travel working around his school holidays.

@Stewby, Later this year? - blimey, are you doing the 500 miles in the last 2 days of 2019? :eek::p :rofl: :thumbsup:

I hate this decade. Roll on 2020.
:rofl:

Next year... 2020. We have our April holiday planned (going to see family in Englandshire).
We need to plan a February trip but we have no idea what we are doing yet. Possibly Skye.

The bonus of having a campervan is that holidays remain the same price regardless the time of year (providing you aren't doing Butlins and stuff)... instead of Disneyland which inflates the prices when kids are off school.
Have seen the NC500 thread on here. Will be having a nosey at it nearer the time to make notes.
:)

I have the same book and the map of the route, printed off in A3, so we can hopefully find little places off the main route that come recommended.
I know that there are a few threads on here that are well worth reading.
We tried to do it Easter 2019, but unexpected family commitments called it off at the last moment...
So we have booked time off to do it over 9 days Easter 2020, 1 day to drive 500 ish miles to the starting point, 7 days to do the 500 and then 1 day to drive home.
We would prefer to have a longer time, but the young 'un is only 12 and we have to travel working around his school holidays.
Broadly the same time frame as our current plans. Details to be ironed out! :)

Back