Looking for rear window replacement in North East (advice/suggestions)

Firstly… Merry Xmas everyone

Looking for advice and recommendations for getting a rear window replaced in the North East.

Woke up to a lovely Xmas present this morning - a smashed rear window. Not sure how it happened, some **** or from the high winds we had. Can’t see any evidence that it could be the storm though

Anyway, it’s bonded on and will have been done by Camper King when it was converted.

We have Camper insurance but will be unable to speak to them till Wednesday. Just wanting to put the feelers out first.

Wondering (due to £200 excess) if it’s just worth getting it done myself, and if so, can someone recommend somewhere in the North East (ideally Newcastle area). Wasn’t sure since it’s a bonded window done as part of a conversion, if your Autoglass type places would touch it.

Edit: TBH, I think I’d probably be happy to to DIY it. So some pointers on that would also be great.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1275.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, also a North Shields boy here.
I think autoglass will do it but the main problem will be the time it will take for them to order it for you.
Hopefully you have somewhere secure for it to live in the meantime.

Hi, also a North Shields boy here.
I think autoglass will do it but the main problem will be the time it will take for them to order it for you.
Hopefully you have somewhere secure for it to live in the meantime.
Good to know that they are an option. Keeping it secure was my main worry tbf. I’ve removed what broken glass I can and taped it up today - was hoping to try using some board tomorrow.

Good to know that they are an option. Keeping it secure was my main worry tbf. I’ve removed what broken glass I can and taped it up today - was hoping to try using some board tomorrow.
I would offer my carport with roller door but I think you'd be too tall.

Are there any markings on the glass to give a clue as to the manufacturer so you can get a matching replacement?
It's not that hard to do it yourself, plenty of videos on YouTube to help guide you, just stay away from that numpty from Essex GDUBTV

Are there any markings on the glass to give a clue as to the manufacturer so you can get a matching replacement?
It's not that hard to do it yourself, plenty of videos on YouTube to help guide you, just stay away from that numpty from Essex GDUBTV
Not sure but I’ll have a proper look tomorrow - good shout! I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks.

If you think you can get under 1910mm you're more than welcome to give it a try if you'd like somewhere a bit more secure for your van til it's sorted.

Firstly… Merry Xmas everyone

Looking for advice and recommendations for getting a rear window replaced in the North East.

Woke up to a lovely Xmas present this morning - a smashed rear window. Not sure how it happened, some **** or from the high winds we had. Can’t see any evidence that it could be the storm though

Anyway, it’s bonded on and will have been done by Camper King when it was converted.

We have Camper insurance but will be unable to speak to them till Wednesday. Just wanting to put the feelers out first.

Wondering (due to £200 excess) if it’s just worth getting it done myself, and if so, can someone recommend somewhere in the North East (ideally Newcastle area). Wasn’t sure since it’s a bonded window done as part of a conversion, if your Autoglass type places would touch it.

Edit: TBH, I think I’d probably be happy to to DIY it. So some pointers on that would also be great.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 223436

View attachment 223437

Back