Lots of people seem to have gone for the nexen 255/45 r19s which is why I probably went for them a year or so back. How are you finding the wear on them? How well have they lasted? I’ve done about 12k of relatively easy going cruising (albeit in quite a heavy camper) and mine are pretty much slicks now (not great with the current weather conditions!). The wear is even across all tyres so I don’t think I’ve got an issue but I was expecting to get a lot more miles out of them and so I’m wondering if I should go for them again or try something different. I don’t really want to pay much more for a set unless I’m really going a get a noticeable benefit.

I’d be interested to hear your thoughts

I have done similar mileage on mine and I'm in the same situation all the tyres are almost ready for changing . Not sure there are many options for this size and load rating . Might have to be nexens again !

Good to hear it’s not just me! My local tyre fitters recommended Avon zv7s as a low to mid range replacement. They are slightly more than the nexens though but might try them to see if I can get a few more miles from them

I get between 12-14k out of the Avons on the front on mine. The rears still have around 5mm left at 25k.

I find getting the right pressure for the weight is key. I had 40PSI all round to begin with and the fronts were showing signs of wear in the middle in no time. 36PSI seems to be the sweet spot for my van.

25k+ out of the rears would be great. Especially as it would mean I don’t need to replace all 4 tyres at once! The weird thing is mine are wearing evenly across all tyres, back and front evenly and across each tyre too. It is low and so there was a limit to the adjustment that was possible on the rears when aligned but as they are wearing evenly across the tyres I don’t think this or pressures is causing avoidable excessive wear.

255/40 19
Feel.every.single.lump.in.the.road

It’s lowered 30mm on Sportline springs, the van is a T28 - thinking maybe the van is too light for them..
Goes round corners flat as a pancake though

View attachment 140775
A shock upgrade would solve that hard ride. Some koni special actives would work well with those springs and transform it from hard and lumpy to smooth and silky.

Evening all, quick question... Just replaced my 275/40's but can't recall what pressure I run at. What are people doing? I've set them at 43psi but I'm not totally sure that's right?
Thanks

Evening all, quick question... Just replaced my 275/40's but can't recall what pressure I run at. What are people doing? I've set them at 43psi but I'm not totally sure that's right?
Thanks
I run mine at 45psi. Its a SWB 4 motion t30

I’ve had my van about a month now and I’m not sure if I’m running the tyres a bit hard or not! It’s a LWB T32 4motion which has always got a lot of weight in it. Tyres are 255/45r19 104w Goodyear all season. Wheels are a spare set I had for my Amarok. I’m running 46 front and 48 rear. Don’t want to knacker them! Just wandering if anyone running the same or similar for a while has a better idea of pressure? Thanks 2073920B-98A9-4DE2-B3C7-BD19FE436319.jpeg

Back