I’m really confused as to go 19s or 20s I have a t6 swb shuttle t30 with 3200KG it is going to be my daily soon so want comfort but to look good it’s currently on standard height but may lower 30 or 40mm any help appreciated

I’m really confused as to go 19s or 20s I have a t6 swb shuttle t30 with 3200KG it is going to be my daily soon so want comfort but to look good it’s currently on standard height but may lower 30 or 40mm any help appreciated
Sorry, no one can help you here. You just have to read all the threads, look at all the photos and decide what you want to go for with the budget you have.

(Go for 19s with a min 40mm drop ;) )

If it helps at all, I have 20’s at the moment.

Running around daily they’re fine. But when you’re doing a decent journey you really start to notice how bad the ride comfort is.
You can of course oversize the tyres slightly, but I’d rather got to a smaller wheel and have a bigger tyre to get some extra ride comfort (hence me browsing this post).

Of course, wheel/tyre size isn’t the only thing affecting comfort but with the state of the roads these days I’d rather have a chunkier tyre anyway.

Of course, wheel/tyre size isn’t the only thing affecting comfort
Quite! 20s do not necessarily provide poor ride comfort - having the correct shocks is vital for comfort.

If it helps at all, I have 20’s at the moment.

Running around daily they’re fine. But when you’re doing a decent journey you really start to notice how bad the ride comfort is.
You can of course oversize the tyres slightly, but I’d rather got to a smaller wheel and have a bigger tyre to get some extra ride comfort (hence me browsing this post).

Of course, wheel/tyre size isn’t the only thing affecting comfort but with the state of the roads these days I’d rather have a chunkier tyre anyway.
Thanks for replying that really helps as I definitely need it to be comfy but still want arches filling

I've been on 18", 19" and 20" and for me 19" is the best compromise of drivability and comfort. I'm on B14's too (50mm lowered) and this has been a great combo.

I'll be changing the B14's at some point (they've already gone through a set of springs) to whatever CRS recommends! But I will stay on 19" for sure

IMG_20220317_165013.jpg

I've been on 18", 19" and 20" and for me 19" is the best compromise of drivability and comfort. I'm on B14's too (50mm lowered) and this has been a great combo.

I'll be changing the B14's at some point (they've already gone through a set of springs) to whatever CRS recommends! But I will stay on 19" for sure

View attachment 189239
Fully agree, that looks great, in some respects I also think some 20s look a bit big on a SWB van too (IMO, which is irrelevant to anyone else as I said before ;). Also never thought I’d say smaller wheels are nicer, I’m getting old!)

I have just (this morning) fitted a set of 19’s to my T30 lwb. It’s still at std ride height. But will soon be -~40mm. I have the Koni active’s and springs sat in the garage ready to fit.
Sorry the photos are a bit pants and yes it needs a wash. C84E65DF-4C84-4980-9C64-1171D3B27F81.jpeg6B1179A4-E768-47E6-84E3-21885A9E3432.jpeg

I'm looking at a set of 255/50 R19 107y

Is the '50' too big for my T32?

Any help appreciated, I've got first dibs on them till the weekend!

I'm looking at a set of 255/50 R19 107y

Is the '50' too big for my T32?

Any help appreciated, I've got first dibs on them till the weekend!
Hi @Strettyp
Those tyres will give a rolling radius/diameter about 7% larger than an OEM 17” wheel/tyre setup.
They could well fit, depending on whether or how much your T32 is lowered.
Fit without rubbing could also depend on the width and offset of your 19” wheels.
Afraid it’s a little late in my day to check further up the thread to see if you’ve mentioned this prior?

For info; I run 275/40 R19s on 19x9s with an effective ET of 45 after fitting 5mm hub-centric spacers to stop the tyre treads rubbing the wheel arch liners on full lock after my 50mm drop.
Andy

I've had a good search and could only find a few posts for that size and they were all sale posts but 255 width shouldn't cause too much grief on full lock

That's the wheel at the guys house,

DSC_3636.JPG

And this is a pic of the exact same wheel but in silver (they're actually land rover wheels)

42681A19-5B5C-419F-BB52-6C1F54C87EA4.jpeg

I think they look ok but it's whether they handle / ride ok and 7% feels like a jump

Hi @Strettyp.
I’ve no checked the notes re rolling radii etc I made before purchasing my wheel & tyres. It does seem as though you’ll be fine with those tyres as to not rubbing.

Others have run different diameter wheel/tyre setups giving similar rolling radii;

235/65 R17 +7% Pirelli Scorpion A/T 108H
For those wanting the Swamper look, whether standard height, raised or some even lowered.
275/40R 20 +5.54% [Raceline & Leighton Vans]
275/40R21 +9.22% !! [Raceline]

@308mate recently sold a set of the same wheels. You could ask what size tyres he had?

Finally, at the mo, remember that size will adjust the gearing and could mean your speedo reading under real speed by about 4%, instead of the OEM over by about 3%.
Cheers
Andy
PS From the pic they do look good in black

Thank you - I'm still on standard ride height OEM suspension so hopefully it will be all good

I've been on loads of different forums down the years and this one is the friendliest and most helpful by far (apart from the swinging one (joke))

Back