Ahh, the good old days of comfort where speed humps were an actual target and I scoffed at pot holes.
Haha I feel your pain... quick one while your here! Unsure on a square set up or staggered or 19s or 20s? What’s your view??

Haha I feel your pain... quick one while your here! Unsure on a square set up or staggered or 19s or 20s? What’s your view??

Always staggered for me. I love the rear wheels sitting wider than the fronts, it reminds me of old school cool.
I liked my 20s, but 19s seem to be my sweet spot. Although I'm looking forward to getting my banded 17s back on once I get a pair of 9.5s to swap out the 10s at the rear.

Always staggered for me. I love the rear wheels sitting wider than the fronts, it reminds me of old school cool.
I liked my 20s, but 19s seem to be my sweet spot. Although I'm looking forward to getting my banded 17s back on once I get a pair of 9.5s to swap out the 10s at the rear.
I went staggered and 20s for the moment. With a slightly different 35 8.5 front and 40 on a 10 rear.

OK, so not exactly on my van, but the Scirocco. 8x19 et21 Porsche Macan wheels. I had to find two sets because they come staggered and the 9" et21 rears were too wide. I've now got a set of 4 rears to sell. Being 5x112, perhaps a T4 owner would like them. They don't seem to be too fussed about load ratings.

IMG_20210409_182706.jpgIMG_20210409_182640.jpg

I'm looking for some 255/45/19" satin/Matt black wheels/tyres with a load rating of 103 as I have a t32 - theory being that the variation of the size won't be too big from my standard 17" and I've been advised by a company I wanted to put a replacement suspension set up for me, that the 275 will rub on the lock hence looking for the 255

I love the look of the calibre Altus and the wolfrace Munich's but they don't do 19"s

Anyone know of any sites / manufacturers who do something similar, or got something similar?

Thanks in advance

I'm running 19's and I have found that sweet spot after great expense.

The secret recipe:

30m Drop
19x8.5 ET45 all round.
Running 104 rated 255/45/19

Giving this as a look if it suits you.

View attachment 16846

The van never bottoms out, and it never rubs or catches.
I have gone across a field with no issues.
It's planted at speeds, yet very comfortable.
Laymen's terms it's 2 fingers between the tyre and arch at the front, and 3 at the back, giving tolerance for any extra weight in the rear if needed.
(oh and I don't have huge sausage fingers)

I have TSW MAX alloys 19" matt black , tyres Nexen 255/45ZR19 104Y . The only thing with 19's is not much tyre choice . TSW also do different style alloys in 19 " and matt black . I got mine from rimstyle.com hope this helps .

Thanks

PXL_20210501_175027854.jpg

PXL_20210501_175031467.jpg

PXL_20210501_175040138.jpg

I have Amarok 19" rims with 275/40 R19 tyres plus spacers and works perfectly on my Caravelle.
But yes it is tight, only few mm clearance.
Hi could you send me a pic as I’m looking at Amarok wheels and not sure on which tyre size
Thanks

I have no spacers on front wheels,
just on the rear.
I will double check on measurements and come back to you.

Reactions: mmi
Hi everyone! I'm a newbee, and I'm thick in the debate of what wheel / tyre combo to go for.. I've convinced myself that 19s are the way forward! My van has the following factory set-up:

215/60 R17 7J ET55 (5 x 120)

but want to look at the the Rotiform CVT-M probably with the following set-up

235/55 R19 8.5J ET35 (5 x 120)

The van will be 40mm lowered and just wanted to check that the switch over wouldnt cause me any problems - in terms of rub etc ...

I've ran the comparator wheel / tyre online previews but am completely in the dark to what it actually means..

Any help much appreciated, Nick

Anyone else struggling to get 19" wheels?

after load rated 19 X 255 X 45 Matt black alloys with a Y spoke and just struggling to find some

the specification I have doesn't seem too whacky but no-one seems to sell wm

Anyone any ideas? Seriously thinking about going to 20" god help me

Love them - where did you buy them from and did they do the wheels and tyres?

Hi I got the wheels with the tyres from Vanstyle it was a few weeks before they were delivered but it was worth the wait.

Back