paul600rr

T6 Pro
what do people think to 19” alloys on T32 dont fancy 20” as i will be using van for fishing and taking trail bike so dont want to risk rubbing etc and think ride be to hard on 20” or should i go back to looking at 18 i will be lowering van but unsure how low to go ?? any thoughts

Difficult one that.. would tyre choice effect your thoughts?. As some are not available for 20"

I'm running 19's and I have found that sweet spot after great expense.

The secret recipe:

30m Drop
19x8.5 ET45 all round.
Running 104 rated 255/45/19

Giving this as a look if it suits you.

20180104_104725.jpg

The van never bottoms out, and it never rubs or catches.
I have gone across a field with no issues.
It's planted at speeds, yet very comfortable.
Laymen's terms it's 2 fingers between the tyre and arch at the front, and 3 at the back, giving tolerance for any extra weight in the rear if needed.
(oh and I don't have huge sausage fingers)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm not a fan of Conti sports from past usage. I've gone with Dunlop 245 45 19 102's on my T30.

19" wheels and lower suspension seem to be a good option if you want more "car-like" looks and driving characteristics.
The other thing that looks good and seems to work well if you want some clearance, is 18" wheels slightly larger off-road type tyres and leave the suspension where it is.

Thanks for the info. I'm not a fan of Conti sports from past usage. I've gone with Dunlop 245 45 19 102's on my T30.

Dunlop is one of my favourite brand of tyre. Did they do them 103 or above?

What width rims are you on then? Mine are 8.5 and a 255 sits pretty much flush with the rim. I had 245/40/19 on the same wheels and it gave the stretched look, exposing the rims by about 5mm front and back. Surely yours will do the same if you're running anything 8.5 or wider?

Last edited:
I was running 245/40/19s but changed them a few days ago to 255/45/19s which are vastly better, both in fit, and performance.
Sorry for the confusion.

I'm running Goodyear Eagle LS2 255/45 R19 104H XL with rim protection on 8.5J ET40 all round, the extra width tyres with rim protection give the alloys a bit more protection from kerbing(the wife that is) quiet aswell.View attachment 16864 View attachment 16865

There's a bit of a theme on here with guys blaming their wives for damage or kerbing, (including me) when in reality my wife is actually a far safer driver than me and has only ever kerbed her wheel once (and yeah, I do remind her of that one mistake often)
She's never damaged any of our cars. (I have loads of times, including writing off my first work Vivaro)
She's got a clean license. (mine looks like a life long get away drivers)
She's never been pulled over by the police. (i'm on first name terms)
She's never had any road rage. (i'm often seeing myself ranting on the odd dashcam clip on youtube)

Just saying...

There's a bit of a theme on here with guys blaming their wives for damage or kerbing, (including me) when in reality my wife is actually a far safer driver than me and has only ever kerbed her wheel once (and yeah, I do remind her of that one mistake often)
She's never damaged any of our cars. (I have loads of times, including writing off my first work Vivaro)
She's got a clean license. (mine looks like a life long get away drivers)
She's never been pulled over by the police. (i'm on first name terms)
She's never had any road rage. (i'm often seeing myself ranting on the odd dashcam clip on youtube)

Just saying...
I think Mrs Tourershine wrote this Mr Tourershine needs to change his password ;)

My Mrs hates her car, especially the wheels. She abuses them whenever she can.
She wont drive either of my vans cause she knows she'll smash the alloys in.

She has many, many other skills though.

Back