Hello all. Just joined as I am at a loss. I have a t32 4mo lwb. Jumped feet first into getting banded steels in 19” as wanted them for a fair while. now I’m up against it with mot insurance safe tyres. I’ve searched high and low. On fb . Nearly all searchable forums

Now . As I see it. My only real option is 255 45 19 with 104xl rating. Which compared to my 215, 60 17 is enormous,

My van is lowered pretty much all the way down on b14. I do quite a few miles each month so the thought of having to spend the whole journey looking for any ripple, dimples in the road to avoid crashing and rubbing doesn’t appeal.

If I only used the van a few miles a week I wouldn’t be worried.

After making mistakes with Bentley wheels last year that I lost a load of cash on I dare not make another mistake otherwise I may get Divorced lol

I have seen people with these on but a photo isn’t a true representation of how it is in real world . Can anyone shed any light. Cheers in advance
Mark

Hello all. Just joined as I am at a loss. I have a t32 4mo lwb. Jumped feet first into getting banded steels in 19” as wanted them for a fair while. now I’m up against it with mot insurance safe tyres. I’ve searched high and low. On fb . Nearly all searchable forums

Now . As I see it. My only real option is 255 45 19 with 104xl rating. Which compared to my 215, 60 17 is enormous,

My van is lowered pretty much all the way down on b14. I do quite a few miles each month so the thought of having to spend the whole journey looking for any ripple, dimples in the road to avoid crashing and rubbing doesn’t appeal.

After making mistakes with Bentley wheels last year that I lost a load of cash on I dare not make another mistake otherwise I may get Divorced lol

I have seen people with these on but a photo isn’t a true representation of how it is in real world . Can anyone shed any light. Cheers in advance
Mark

If i've read correctly, you're asking what banded 19's running 255/45/19s, on B14's set on lowest on a T32 are like in the real world.
It just so happens that's my exact set-up.

I travel up and down the country every day, sometimes covering several thousand miles a month.
In the real world they are fine. Yes it's a hard ride if you're not on a Motorway, and yeah, you'd be advised to dodge potholes if you have fillings in your teeth, but i've been running mine for about 20k now, and other than smashing into a couple of potholes and bending 2 wheels, which were swiftly repaired by Duchy steels, they are fantastic set-up.

I often ponder on the Swamper look for several reasons, but if I ever do change over to this style, I will miss most of all, the way my set-up handles. I'm not adverse to throwing my T6 around, and the way it glues to the road is nothing short of mind blowing. This in part is down to my tyres. and suspension set-up, but it's one of the best things about my T6.

So to answer your question, yes they work perfectly if you don't mind being careful, but no more careful than you'd be with nice alloys.

Edit: To answer the PM you just sent me. I'm literally on as low as the B14's will go, and I get no rubbing at all, other than a slight catch on full lock as I reverse off my drive, but you'd struggle to notice it.

Last edited:

Mark

welcome aboard Mark :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would change your tyres to 275/40 R19 and I think you are back in business.

Not going to work as they are touching the door already with 245/35/19 on... had 10j Et40 on my T5 with 10mm spacer.. these BBS are on 19x9.5 Et35 and are touching the door... bloody Velle Door cards

I have Amarok 19" rims with 275/40 R19 tyres plus spacers and works perfectly on my Caravelle.
But yes it is tight, only few mm clearance.

Reactions: mmi
Question for anyone running 275 40's....what pressure do you use? Ideally if you've got a T32

IMG_20210304_122738 (2).jpg

Hi all. Buying a lwb t30 in peppermint green so wanted some gloss black alloys and looking at bmw tiger claws as I've seen them on a similar van and they look ace (in my eyes anyway). My question is what tyres would i need?
Fronts 9j et48 5x120pcd
Rears 10j et45 5x120pcd
Initially ill be standard height whilst i convert and then maybe change springs to maybe a 30mm drop.
What would work as a sweet spot regards comfort etc.
Thanks

Hi all. Buying a lwb t30 in peppermint green so wanted some gloss black alloys and looking at bmw tiger claws as I've seen them on a similar van and they look ace (in my eyes anyway). My question is what tyres would i need?
Fronts 9j et48 5x120pcd
Rears 10j et45 5x120pcd
Initially ill be standard height whilst i convert and then maybe change springs to maybe a 30mm drop.
What would work as a sweet spot regards comfort etc.
Thanks
you can go 255/45r19 all around, (slight stretch on rears)
or you can go 245/45r19 front, 275/40r19 rear
I believe you will sent a photo off the wheels on van, i would like to see them on because i really like them (sorry for my english, i am from slovakia)

Thanks for the compliment.

I had a company I use for all my business sign writing make them up.
All I did was to give them a picture of the Edition Transporter, and they measured up my van and copied them exactly. You tend to find good sign companies will use really high quality vinyl, and these guys have.

The main reason I added the stripe, was to incorporate my business name/logo into the decal where it would normally say 'Edition' on the genuine VW ones. It's very discrete, and almost impossible to see unless you look, but that's exactly what I wanted. Sounds daft really, when you think it's potentially a mobile advert, but that's not how my business works.

If you have a Silver van, try looking at Satin Black as a decal, it works really well against the Silver.

As you can see, it's also on the rear as per the genuine Edition, but I guess that's optional, but the rear one does have the added benefit of protecting the paint when the van is filthy and my work colleague/brother puts his hands on the dirt to shut the boot, knowing finger prints in dirt on a boot drives me nuts! I keep telling him VW stuck a huge badge smack in the middle of the tailgate that fits the palm of your hand perfectly when shutting a Transporter rear, but he forgets.... constantly :mad: Just like him opening and closing his door with his wedding ring on and his club fisted fingers, leaving tiny scratches I have to keep polishing out on HIS SIDE ONLY.
Lee, if you're reading this.... You're sacked!

View attachment 17395
:oops: Swamper

Back