Show Me Your Lowered Van on 18" Wheels

T6180

T6 Legend
Good Evening All,

I'm considering removing the 20s and going to 18s, however I'm trying to find pictures of 18s but lowered all the way down on B14s....The look I'm after is the arches inline with the top of the tyre or slightly above and I'm not sure the B14s will get me that look with 18s.

I'd appreciate any photos or advice

That looks sweet Russ, how low have you dropped it, that is the look i am after on 18s, not got my van yet, and i have not chosen any wheels yet.

@RussGT6 is that full lowered on b14s and how's the ride? im also thinking of getting the H&R ARBs do you have them?
About 5mm left to go, I was advised to leave a bit.
It rides great, much better than standard, firm but comfy, really happy with it, not as crashy as before and handles much better.
No didn't go with Arb's, decided to see what's it's like before hand and don't think I will bother.

Good Evening All,

I'm considering removing the 20s and going to 18s, however I'm trying to find pictures of 18s but lowered all the way down on B14s....The look I'm after is the arches inline with the top of the tyre or slightly above and I'm not sure the B14s will get me that look with 18s.

I'd appreciate any photos or advice

I am just about to have the B14's and H&R ARB's fitted at Bognor Motors on Wed so will let you know what the drives like as its 150 mile trip back home and will post a pic. Like Russ, I intend going as low as I can.

I am just about to have the B14's and H&R ARB's fitted at Bognor Motors on Wed so will let you know what the drives like as its 150 mile trip back home and will post a pic. Like Russ, I intend going as low as I can.

cheers looking forward to the update

So had the B14's, H&R ARB's and DCC delete done today at Bognor Motors, 'see the suspension page, B14 has commenced thread' for a before and after pic and went as low as it could, I'm running the standard 18" alloys that came with the bus. I was considering swapping them out for 18" banded steels but I may not bother as I think the current wheels looks great now its lowered.

On the way back I did 160 miles on various roads, motorway, dual carriageway, A and B roads. I didn't realise how much of a difference swapping the bits out could make, apart from it looking the dogs, the handling is cracking.

At 6ft 2", I can now slide into the seat rather than step up and then get into the seat. I think the difference in the view outside from the drivers seat is noticeable but you can still see over hedges.

Apologies if this sounds obvious but the main smile factor for me is the handling, it seems to me that this is what VW should have fitted to the bus or indeed any van, the handling is so positive on the steering wheel, it actually feels totally different and feedback to the steering wheel into your hands is excellent, no leaning on bends or round roundabouts, its more planted and when the engineer who fitted the bus out took me round their "test circuit" the difference is even more noticeable. Going round the roundabout and accelerating felt like it was glued to the road, big smiles even he was smiling!

On the motorway and dual carriageway, it is smooth and even when hitting the potholes, it just felt right and not juddering the bus all over the place. Then heading onto the A and B roads especially the A44 from Oxford to Evesham and being lucky enough not to get many vehicles in front of me, it was as if the gods were watching lol. The wheels just gripped the road, the various potholes/damaged roadway weren't a problem, the suspension coped with it lovely and seemed to absorb them without any effort or excessive noise through the chassis into the cab.

I felt confident enough after a few miles to throw it into the corners more than usual and not even a flinch of the proverbial seat area muscle was felt. I have to admit, I do know the road well (A44) having driven it daily to work and back for a few years but I have never enjoyed driving a car/bus so much, it almost felt as good as it does when out on the motorbike. I suppose the fact that it was the dogs danglies was the builders at Southampton Homebase taking pics and commenting how nice it looked or they were checking it out for parts lol.

I guess the million dollar question is, do i think it was worth the money, having never spent so much for an after market accessory (although my Termi exhaust for my Panigale was close to it)................YES............. definitely, even after 160 miles it was well worth it and looking forward to many miles more.

I can't recommend Bognor Motors enough, I did ring round a few places and they wouldn't touch it because of the DCC but BM have found a solution, no errors on the dash either and a very nice bunch of people.

If you are in two minds.....then go for it but if , you won't be disappointed but if your missus isn't happy that you spent the money, don't blame me!

Great review many thanks. Nice to here their still great all the way down. I’m booked in but got a while to wait for my B14s fitting.

So had the B14's, H&R ARB's and DCC delete done today at Bognor Motors, 'see the suspension page, B14 has commenced thread' for a before and after pic and went as low as it could, I'm running the standard 18" alloys that came with the bus. I was considering swapping them out for 18" banded steels but I may not bother as I think the current wheels looks great now its lowered.

On the way back I did 160 miles on various roads, motorway, dual carriageway, A and B roads. I didn't realise how much of a difference swapping the bits out could make, apart from it looking the dogs, the handling is cracking.

At 6ft 2", I can now slide into the seat rather than step up and then get into the seat. I think the difference in the view outside from the drivers seat is noticeable but you can still see over hedges.

Apologies if this sounds obvious but the main smile factor for me is the handling, it seems to me that this is what VW should have fitted to the bus or indeed any van, the handling is so positive on the steering wheel, it actually feels totally different and feedback to the steering wheel into your hands is excellent, no leaning on bends or round roundabouts, its more planted and when the engineer who fitted the bus out took me round their "test circuit" the difference is even more noticeable. Going round the roundabout and accelerating felt like it was glued to the road, big smiles even he was smiling!

On the motorway and dual carriageway, it is smooth and even when hitting the potholes, it just felt right and not juddering the bus all over the place. Then heading onto the A and B roads especially the A44 from Oxford to Evesham and being lucky enough not to get many vehicles in front of me, it was as if the gods were watching lol. The wheels just gripped the road, the various potholes/damaged roadway weren't a problem, the suspension coped with it lovely and seemed to absorb them without any effort or excessive noise through the chassis into the cab.

I felt confident enough after a few miles to throw it into the corners more than usual and not even a flinch of the proverbial seat area muscle was felt. I have to admit, I do know the road well (A44) having driven it daily to work and back for a few years but I have never enjoyed driving a car/bus so much, it almost felt as good as it does when out on the motorbike. I suppose the fact that it was the dogs danglies was the builders at Southampton Homebase taking pics and commenting how nice it looked or they were checking it out for parts lol.

I guess the million dollar question is, do i think it was worth the money, having never spent so much for an after market accessory (although my Termi exhaust for my Panigale was close to it)................YES............. definitely, even after 160 miles it was well worth it and looking forward to many miles more.

I can't recommend Bognor Motors enough, I did ring round a few places and they wouldn't touch it because of the DCC but BM have found a solution, no errors on the dash either and a very nice bunch of people.

If you are in two minds.....then go for it but if , you won't be disappointed but if your missus isn't happy that you spent the money, don't blame me!
There is my answer from other thread :D

Well chaps you have convinced me on B14 and 18" wheels, it's going to be along what for me though, March is before i get my Tub:(
The closet i have found to me is Transporter HQ in Leicestershire £1095 supplied & fitted, has any one had any dealings with them? Bognor is a tad to far for me!
On the flip side i have Jim to blame now when the missus finds out;)

T HQ have a pretty good reputation and have fitted sets for other members, if you are local to them then prob your best place

Well chaps you have convinced me on B14 and 18" wheels, it's going to be along what for me though, March is before i get my Tub:(
The closet i have found to me is Transporter HQ in Leicestershire £1095 supplied & fitted, has any one had any dealings with them? Bognor is a tad to far for me!
On the flip side i have Jim to blame now when the missus finds out;)

Hi Bryan, They fitted mine, 1st class service. They also fitted my H&R ARBs, removed and replaced a leaky window I bought from elsewhere. I cant recommend enough to be honest.

Brill thanks Jay, you can not beat recommendations, did you drop yours to the deck?
had 10 mil left at the front and 15mil at the back, You get 1 free adjustment included in the price so Im back tomorrow for it to go as low as I can. The fronts are easy to adjust but the rears are a real pig to do.

B-14's, 18" sport lines.

All the way down in the front, about 10-15mm up at the back to allow heavier loads at the back without compromising the ride too much.

IMG_8540.JPG IMG_9393.JPG IMG_9603.JPG

Back