Show Me Your Lowered Van on 18" Wheels

I can see what you mean when you look at them in comparison to your old setup.

You definitely wasn’t on 30mm springs beforehand, were you?
No I was definitely on standard ride height. Had about 8cm between fender and tire. Do you think they may just need time to settle?

Hi,

Has anyone got the B14 suspension kit fitted running 18inch wheels?

I'm just about to get my T6 booked in and wondered what ride height to run at? My initial thoughts at 40mm.

Thanks

Russ

Hi, I'm interested in this too... I'm considering B14's and thought around 40-50mm would look/work well for my needs.
Are you looking for best comfort or something else?
Who's doing the work? Keep us posted on here if you can afterwards.
Cheers!

Chaps, there are loads of suspension options out there, but if you want 40-50mm drop you don’t need B14s. You’re paying for an adjustable ride height set up that you don’t necessarily need.

For less money you could get some quality kit that isn’t height adjustable but rides even better than the B14s. Many people on here have used Koni shocks with H&R springs supplied by @CRS Performance and all have raved about how good they are. They’re also a fair bit less expensive than the B14s.

I have B14s, but I wanted the height adjustability that they give. If you don’t want to adjust and only want to go 40-50mm down then Steve at CRS is worth chatting to.

Chaps, there are loads of suspension options out there, but if you want 40-50mm drop you don’t need B14s. You’re paying for an adjustable ride height set up that you don’t necessarily need.

For less money you could get some quality kit that isn’t height adjustable but rides even better than the B14s. Many people on here have used Koni shocks with H&R springs supplied by @CRS Performance and all have raved about how good they are. They’re also a fair bit less expensive than the B14s.

I have B14s, but I wanted the height adjustability that they give. If you don’t want to adjust and only want to go 40-50mm down then Steve at CRS is worth chatting to.
Thanks Chris. I was originally chatting to Steve about the Koni Setup but when speaking with Oli at Bognor Motors the other day he was raving about the Bilsteins and was recommending them as well. I just don't know how to trial the Koni setup anywhere as a comparison. After chatting with Steve and telling him what I wanted he couldn't recommend the Koni setup enough. Mine is the T6.1 if that makes any difference??? I want my van to be lowered as it will look 100 times better but comfort is my main requirement. I guess handling after that. Why do you need adjustable suspension Chris? Are you planning on lowering it more gradually over time?
I'm hoping i can get to Bognor soon to try the Bilsteins though.

Thanks Chris. I was originally chatting to Steve about the Koni Setup but when speaking with Oli at Bognor Motors the other day he was raving about the Bilsteins and was recommending them as well. I just don't know how to trial the Koni setup anywhere as a comparison. After chatting with Steve and telling him what I wanted he couldn't recommend the Koni setup enough. Mine is the T6.1 if that makes any difference??? I want my van to be lowered as it will look 100 times better but comfort is my main requirement. I guess handling after that. Why do you need adjustable suspension Chris? Are you planning on lowering it more gradually over time?
I'm hoping i can get to Bognor soon to try the Bilsteins though.
I had adjustable because I wasn’t sure how low I wanted to go at the time I had them fitted. Oli at Bognor motors did my B14s and like you, one of the things that attracted me to them was being able to try them before I spent my money, that’s a big bonus for Oli to be able to offer different vans in different setups to try.

I drove a T6 with the B14s about 50mm down and was very impressed by the comfort on offer at that height, they were very good. We set mine at about 60mm down on the day, but since then I’ve gone all the way down, then fitted machined top mounts at the front and adjuster delete at the rear to get a bit lower so I guess I’m about 80-85mm down. It’s definitely not as comfortable now, but it certainly looks good to me!

6.1 or 6 doesn’t matter if you’re changing shocks and springs together, you should expect the same result. If you buy the B14s and set them at max height (approx 50mm lowering) you won’t be disappointed. I only suggested the Koni setup because it’s cheaper and so many members on here have given such positive feedback about the ride quality. I’ll be honest though, I’ve not driven that setup myself, so I can’t say with certainty that it’s better, I’m trusting the positive feedback of the other forum members.

I had adjustable because I wasn’t sure how low I wanted to go at the time I had them fitted. Oli at Bognor motors did my B14s and like you, one of the things that attracted me to them was being able to try them before I spent my money, that’s a big bonus for Oli to be able to offer different vans in different setups to try.

I drove a T6 with the B14s about 50mm down and was very impressed by the comfort on offer at that height, they were very good. We set mine at about 60mm down on the day, but since then I’ve gone all the way down, then fitted machined top mounts at the front and adjuster delete at the rear to get a bit lower so I guess I’m about 80-85mm down. It’s definitely not as comfortable now, but it certainly looks good to me!

6.1 or 6 doesn’t matter if you’re changing shocks and springs together, you should expect the same result. If you buy the B14s and set them at max height (approx 50mm lowering) you won’t be disappointed. I only suggested the Koni setup because it’s cheaper and so many members on here have given such positive feedback about the ride quality. I’ll be honest though, I’ve not driven that setup myself, so I can’t say with certainty that it’s better, I’m trusting the positive feedback of the other forum members.
Thanks buddy. Appreciate your detailed response. I'll see if I can try both somewhere. If I can find a decent secondhand set of Bilsteins somewhere then that might persuade me if the ride is as good as what people say.
Cheers!

Just thought I would report back. Had the B14's fitted today and the garage misunderstood the 40mm and set them to the lowest setting. Have to say I'm really happy with the ride and look.

I have an 18 month t6 so been told need to get vw parts to lower suspension to keep in warranty. Anyone know if their parts are any good. Want to lower for 18inch wheels as u can tell u have no idea what I am in a about

I have an 18 month t6 so been told need to get vw parts to lower suspension to keep in warranty. Anyone know if their parts are any good. Want to lower for 18inch wheels as u can tell u have no idea what I am in a about
Who told you to do this about the warranty? Aftermarket won’t affect the warranty only on the suspension parts and the new stuff will c9me with its own warranty. The onus would be on the manufacturer to prove the mods caused the problem.

Hi all
I have recently purchased a t6 150 dsg highline I want bigger wheels but still want a comfortable ride .I am not worried about handling it’s fine as it is .I also would like to lower it a bit so was thinking just springs and 18’s .what do you guys think

I have lowered mine by 40mm I don't want lower and also fitted Koni adjustable shocks from @CRS Performance . He's the best guy to speak too as everything makes a difference on a T6 from how many doors to having Aircon in rear etc every bit of weight makes a difference. I am also fitting 18" wheels but not decided on alloys or banded steels.

Back