Lowering T32 4M with just springs

JJW

Hi I have a brand new T32 Kombi 4M 204 SWB and I'm looking at lowering keeping factory 17 Devonports with springs only.

Has anyone done this and can comment on ride quality? I don't carry much unless we go away camping.....I'm thinking lowering 40mm max.

Any other advice appreciated.

Cheers

Jonnie

Hi I have a brand new T32 Kombi 4M 204 SWB and I'm looking at lowering keeping factory 17 Devonports with springs only.

Has anyone done this and can comment on ride quality? I don't carry much unless we go away camping.....I'm thinking lowering 40mm max.

Any other advice appreciated.

Cheers

Jonnie
Lowering springs generally don’t cope with heavy vans and your van is a heavy one
we have developed spring kits that can do 40 mm in heavy vans. So it is possible.
It’s important to know that the standard shocks are really poor so expectations shouldn’t be high regarding the comfort and handling .
the best Money you can spend on the vehicle is for performance shocks but
the springs are £ 255 if you want to go that route . life time warranty on them.
in reality if you don’t enjoy the ride you can add the right shocks later !

Lowering springs generally don’t cope with heavy vans and your van is a heavy one
we have developed spring kits that can do 40 mm in heavy vans. So it is possible.
It’s important to know that the standard shocks are really poor so expectations shouldn’t be high regarding the comfort and handling .
the springs are £ 255 if you want to go that route . life time warranty on them.
Thanks sounds like I need to get the performance shocks if I'm going to lower. I'd be fine with 30 drop if its better for the van/ride.

Don't just go with the springs, you will regret it, I know from experience. Springs and dampers is unfortunately the only way.

Thanks CRS, that's exactly what I needed to know. I've recently bought a 18plate T6 Kombi T32 which had already been lowered and the ride is .... well..... horrendous! It's not slammed, just lowered by about 40mm, not sure what the springs are though. So I guess I need to match shock and springs to improve the problem.

Back