Seeing your photos and the honeycomb stitching has inspired me to get the front seats and rear RIB seat done, have now ordered and am waiting for fitment, hopefully, she'll look great when done :)
Did you go for the needle punching as well or plain leather ?
What colour stitching ?

Did you go for the needle punching as well or plain leather ?
What colour stitching ?
Decided on plain headrests, red stitching and a small splash of red on the side face of the seats with the VW logo embossed onto the seats as well, so many colours and choices and I'll only know how good it is when they're fitted.
Should be fitted within the next couple of weeks.

I like these, where did you get them from? Were they easy to put on?
DK Schweizer based in Colchester - (real leather retrim, replaces the original seat fabric )

they supplied and fitted them & handed back the original cloth covers.

Decided on plain headrests, red stitching and a small splash of red on the side face of the seats with the VW logo embossed onto the seats as well, so many colours and choices and I'll only know how good it is when they're fitted.
Should be fitted within the next couple of weeks.
If you look closely at my photos it’s not just the headrest that are needle punched, the seat pad and back (middle) are also punched.

I have seen the same design in red and it looks the Dogs Danglers

I can’t praise Dk highly enough

edit: you can also have Golf R (Mk7) side balusters added to the front seats to give a Recaro sports seat look (I decided not to add them)

C795FF48-49CB-42DA-855B-82F656178E3E.png

Last edited:
DK Schweizer based in Colchester - (real leather retrim, replaces the original seat fabric )

they supplied and fitted them & handed back the original cloth covers.
Ah right thanks, were they expensive if yo don’t mind me asking?

Ah right thanks, were they expensive if yo don’t mind me asking?
Three years ago, 7 seat Beach about £1800 inc Vat fitted (i believe cheaper leather options were available ).
obviously less seats = less cost, highly approachable company If you want to enquire About the species of your requiremen.

This look great! Are they easy to come by and fit? We currently have two captains heated seats fitted in our kombi.
You just have to keep an eye on the selling sites. I had 2 captains but wanted the Tiguan so we can fold the passengers seat and use as a step up to the roof bed. Probably the most versatile seats you can find and just need the easily available adapter plates to fit them. The wiring was a bit of a challenge but well worth it for the heating.

Back