Review: T32 CRS KW coilover suspension

Well it does look remarkably like the stx kit but with black springs
It’s been explained on a thread here somewhere, but they’re nigh on the same, albeit one has a galvanised finish and one painted (I think).

The private label part means that they come in a chosen colour and in bulk, as opposed to you having the garage order them in as and when customers place orders (again, I think).
Interested in the cost also.

I paid £1045 but this was last year and possibly during a sale.

The Private label status is a KW term for a client who commits t o a large quantity of product and has the kit presented in a different way

We think the Yellow and purple boy racer look is exactly that and we wanted it to look a bit more classy and subtle
We opted fore the Black springs and adjusters and i am really pleased with the result . It cost more but buy buying bulk we got the price back to the same as the ordinary kit

There is absolutely no difference in the Spec of the shocks . The big cost difference is because of the stainless steel front struts on the T 32 kit !!! ( And the dead fancy tool kit that comes with the V1 and V 3 )

The big cost difference is due to the fact that KW will not make the T 32 kit in the STX range , My humble opinion is that because the V 1 and V 3 are all stainless steel , the T32 brackets for them are only made in stainless steel as well ( I guess ??) . This means they don't have mild steel brackets to weld to the STX kit and that is why they don't do the STX for a T 32 . ( i offered to buy 100 kits if they would make them , they refused ? )

So Private label STX and V1 for CRS comes with Black accessories and springs and is sold at the same price as the normal multi coloured kits available from everyone else . . The springs on these kits are identical to the H&R Coil over kits we sell and the only difference is the Damper technology .
We carry a lot of stock and we do supply a few camper conversion companies.

Had a trip over to Steve today to have the private label KW coilover kit fitted, drop set at 50mm, Steve suggested a test drive, as soon has I drove out of the workshop, I could tell the difference in the ride, and the journey back to Nottingham confirmed to me, money well spent!!!, even the wife thought the ride was better!!!, thanks Steve, great job :)

Had a trip over to Steve today to have the private label KW coilover kit fitted, drop set at 50mm, Steve suggested a test drive, as soon has I drove out of the workshop, I could tell the difference in the ride, and the journey back to Nottingham confirmed to me, money well spent!!!, even the wife thought the ride was better!!!, thanks Steve, great job :)

I am also in Nottingham!
Let's see some pics then!? Haha...

Looking good @twotone2

I went up to see @CRS Performance last weekend and had the exact same setup fitted. Echo all your comments. Not only does the van look better, but the ride quality has improved vastly. Less crashy, much more composed, and corners so much better- especially noticeable on roundabouts.
Had a good chat and a decent brew while I was waiting too. Cheers Steve!

Another member of the CRS Appreciation Society ;)

2A03DF1D-7A69-4DFF-8F80-B62D2094443D.jpeg

Honestly you would be hard pressed to see the yellow of stx springs you are underneath a van.

Unlike the bright red koni dampers.....

Looking good @twotone2

I went up to see @CRS Performance last weekend and had the exact same setup fitted. Echo all your comments. Not only does the van look better, but the ride quality has improved vastly. Less crashy, much more composed, and corners so much better- especially noticeable on roundabouts.

View attachment 112030
Had the KW adjustable kit fitted on Thursday
The difference in ride & comfort is somewhat phenomenal!!!
So glad I went down the Kw route.......the service I received from Steve & co at CRS was simply brilliant!!
I can throw it around islands where as before, it felt it so sketchy
!!!
Best money you can spend in my opinion........ & the springs aren't made of cheese either
!
Looking good @twotone2

View attachment 112030

It’s nice to hear everyone who has had this kit fitted to their T32 comment and recommend it. As before I couldn’t really find any info out about the KW kit. So it’s a endorsement for others helping them choose a decent suspension set up for their T32 :thumbsup:

How are the coilovers I have same van t32 204 dsg
Remember that the vans are all the same chassis underneath
, the difference between T 26 T 28 T 30 and T 32 is simply the suspension roll bars and brakes .

the only difference on the T 32 shock is the lower mounting bracket in reality . Its just a bracket and doesn't change the ride or handling characteristics from one van to another .

Very few after market kits can actually carry a ton load , but then if you want to carry a ton dont fit after market suspension and keep it as a work horse !!
A T32 204 hp DSG is a little heavier than most vans and weight makes them more comfortable anyway .

, the difference between T 26 T 28 T 30 and T 32 is simply the suspension roll bars and brakes .

the only difference on the T 32 shock is the lower mounting bracket in reality . Its just a bracket and doesn't change the ride or handling characteristics from one van to another .

Very few after market kits can actually carry a ton load , but then if you want to carry a ton dont fit after market suspension and keep it as a work horse !!
A T32 204 hp DSG is a little heavier than most vans and weight makes them more comfortable anyway .
Looks like I need to save some money and give you a call

Hi Steve Can I ask you a question please to see a 3 ton van can get a 3.2 T lifting kit installed.
I was ordering a new Transporter 6.1 3.2 4motion LWB with all the bell and whistles.
Then having a Koni lift kit installed and then a complete camper conversion done as soon it arrives.
However, just looking at your comments above I was told from a very well known VW camper Conversion dealer in Sydney Austrilia who says he worked on VW in England before coming down under. He said there is no difference between the VW Transporter 6.1 chassis for a T3 & T3.2 therefore he said, why would you waste your money buying a T3.2 van if I was going to add a lifting Kit. (My preference was based on a T3.2 was the higher GVM weight).

He said he will install a Koni Lifting kit to a T3 ton van so it will be a T3.2 GVM weight with it will cost me an extra $500 to register the van as a T3.2 along with an Engineered Certified Certificate for insurance.
I think the T3.2 van comes with strong stabilizer bars and the Koni Kit also comes with Strong Stablizer bars and also, allows for lowering kit for the drive shaft.

Anyway, do you think this guy is correct with what he can do.

Do you see that this is possiable that a 3 ton van and have a Koni coilover system be successfully installed to be a T3.2. and if so, will it be a comfortable ride due to my future ambitions is to turn this van into a swampy, and travel on city roads, corrugate roads, off road tracks, along beachs all around Australia.

Or do you think it is best just revert my VW order back to a T3.2 before its two late.
When ordering a T3.2 from over hear you don`t recieve a spare wheel, you instead receive a puncher kit and compressor. No good if you`re out in the desert and get a flat or rip the rubber off the tyer.
So it an extra cost to purchase a spare wheel & tyer and the bracket to hold the spare wheel in its compartment so, you up for that as well, and you dont get a car jack either so, I`m up for that $1300 if you buy them new.

I hope you don`t mind answering my question as it also frastrating that there isn't any experts over here to answer my questions, and boy have I tried.

Really appreciate your comments and view.

Cheers.
Garry from down under.

Hi Gary

Your friend is correct , the chassis on all the vans T 26, T28, T30 and T32 are the same , the difference is springs , A R B s and brakes all of which can be bolted on to any van of course ,

If you buy a T 30 and put a lift kit on and some H&R A R B s it would be the same as doing it to a T 32 for sure . I dont know if the lift kit you want to buy is a KONI product as this isnt a KONI catalogue part ?? ,Maybe send me some details or picture s I dont know any KONI kits that come with Roll bars either , but the H&R one is the one to buy anyway !

Steve

Back