Review: T32 CRS KW coilover suspension

As mentioned above, one size doesn't fit all as everyone has different needs and don't forget budget. Also, is suspension as well as many other things in life is subjective. We offer many options for this exact reason.
It doesn't help when some companies constantly belittle various products. It causes confusion when people are generally here to find information.
Just gather info from various sources and then talk to your local dealers and ask their advice. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I said. I’m not asking for the best but most popular. For example a few years back everyone was fitting B14’s but since then loads of brands have come on the market which makes it confusing for the general public.
What I asked was what are each of you traders fitting more of?
If it’s a mixture and no clear favourite due to what people’s needs are then this puts my answer to bed.
Sorry for the confusion. :rolleyes:

We used to fit loads of B14 but we predominantly do STX now for people who just want a fantastic suspension upgrade as these are a bit cheaper than SOLOW. We do a lot of solow as they cover most requirements but the customer for these are generally more informed and have done research.

The other dealers will have their own 'best Sellers' as they may have specific customer bases

Cheers

Score so far is 3-1.
Great replies so far but any of the traders recommend the most popular set up of suspension components?
I did warn you it would spark some interest. But Wow wasn't expecting that and take note , not one of the chirpers offered help to the guy asking the question ?? , But happy to have a pop at us for saying we couldn't help ??

Let’s recap. The client asked if we could supply a rear spring to replace the Solow spring which he clearly stated was "too soft " . ( I should rest my case here Chris ) I was simply saying to him that we wouldn’t develop it because we dont do low low campers and have no need . Designing a specific spring is an art and not simple , load stress's . lengths are vitally important , Many Eibach springs fitted to transporter kits simply go coil bound with weight on them . Important to note that many of these kits are not represented on the Eibach web site , so who is designing them and for what purpose . ??

So to answer your question regarding most popular kits . For the bulk of traders that is easy a "coil over kit" it is the solution for everyone , they all say they supply to customers varying needs but all the customers get is the same coil overs ?? How does this work ? 20 % of our kits are coil over and we do have different solutions depending on clients needs and uses .
I have always taken flack because of my opinion on B14 but Eclipse stopped selling them to supply KW . Good move ! but why ?? that wasn't explained .
We can do alignment on very low vans with out actually selling these type of kits but the alignment bay is for more race car / Track day set ups , so not contradictory in any way ?? we just needed a flexible system that we can programme ourselves for the varied stuff we do . If we can rescue a few vans from using tyres faster than diesel, why not !

I understand everyone is trying to develop kits in order to stay on top ( or maximise profit ? ) but sometimes it just means much of the same ?? If the new B14 kit deserves some praise it must be the extended thread on the front shocks .( the solow new kits are the same looking at the ones we fitted) ,The original thread was limited and often it wasn't possible to get the correct ride height in heavy vans because there wasn't enough adjustment .
I'll think I'll just stick with my SoLow / Eibach Hybrid that seems to have sparked this Gladiator match ... tickets please ;)
You couldn't have known ha ha But i am sorry that all the chirping experts haven't offered you any solution or advice , Maybe they know their limits.
Hope you get it right and if your rear tyres do wear aggressively come and see us , ill do the rear alignment free of charge .
Thanks for making my morning interesting .

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I said. I’m not asking for the best but most popular. For example a few years back everyone was fitting B14’s but since then loads of brands have come on the market which makes it confusing for the general public.
If it’s a mixture and no clear favourite due to what people’s needs are then this puts my answer to bed.
Our most popular seller by a country mile is our "EVO Technik Definition Kit" 14 different spring set ups coupled to custom made KONI adjustable damping shocks. The kit can be customised to sort most needs and different weight vans, , the results are spectacular , It cant do drops below 60 mm but most of our clients just want comfort and not excessive low stance. We take lots of coil over out to fit these kits . It is becoming very apparent that a lot of van owners didn't go out shopping for coil overs but its all they were offered by the traders who claim to cater to clients needs ??

To be clear and avoid confusion - we still offer B14, never said we didnt and certianly not as Steve suggested - 'but Eclipse stopped selling them'. I actually said - 'we predominantly do STX'. There is a difference, once all the options and pricing are explained to our customer, they make the final decision, it's their van afterall.

Thanks

My most popular at the moment is anything from the SoLow range. They are outselling my other offerings by about 2 to 1 at the moment.

Taken on it's own though, that's a misleading statement. I tend to promote the lower vans, ride heights below what a shock and spring upgrade can offer, because that's the part of the industry that I'm most interested in. I love the look of a slammed van and it's what ultimately led my demo van to be on air (SoLow AIR).

As I promote my work on lower vans more than I do moderate lowering etc, it makes sense that the larger part of my customer base would be interested in the deeper drop coil overs, such as SoLow NSL and SoLow LOW. For reference, I call anything up to about 70mm moderate lowering!

I still offer a much wider variety of options than that though and I'm kept busy with the variety of work. Shock upgrades, lowering springs, coil overs (from KW, ST, SoLow, H&R etc). My heart will always be in the low stuff, but it's good to be able to cater for everyone. As an example, the ST-X are a fantastic value for money product and better than the OEM kit, but by spending a little more on the SoLow range, you're getting a better ride. If you want standard ride height and a ride improvement, then a shock upgrade from Koni might work. If you've got deep pockets and want the best available kit for moderate lowering with loads of adjustment on rebound and compression damping and value for money doesn't interest you then you can have KW V3.

That's still generalising though, it doesn't always work out that way for everyone.

The most popular product from any given business will always differ. Different businesses will promote different products for a variety of reasons. Some will be because it's their own product, so of course they'll recommend that over something else. Some will go with the biggest margin products. Some will go with recommending what they can because they don't have access to the huge range that others do. That's what makes it so difficult to know what is genuinely the best. You'll have different manufacturers/distributors recommending their products over anything else. You'll have some taking a swipe at competitors products to promote their own and vice-versa.

Then somewhere in amongst all that noise, you'll have companies like mine, who recommend what they think is right for each application, without any agenda to promote specific products over another, just what is right for each customer.

You couldn't have known ha ha But i am sorry that all the chirping experts haven't offered you any solution or advice , Maybe they know their limits.
Hope you get it right and if your rear tyres do wear aggressively come and see us , ill do the rear alignment free of charge .
Thanks for making my morning interesting .

Yes indeed thanks for that Steve. I am happy with the stronger Eibach 50/60 rear springs with adjuster delete and the SoLow supplied rear Bilstein shocks, it drives well, no rubbing or bottoming out, sits right and looks good. Tyre wear will be ok hopefully but I'll keep an eye. I would of course drop in to see you but I'm in the South coast of Ireland but maybe some day I'll be over in the van :cool:

Many thanks for the traders replies. As you probably all know I have a T6.1 Sportline on original - 30% eibach springs (T32). Just added a Ovano Switch XL which dropped the rear height by 50mm then added 100kg of tools. The ride is now really bad. Feels heavy rear end and wallowy if that’s such a word!?
Any options please??

Many thanks for the traders replies. As you probably all know I have a T6.1 Sportline on original - 30% eibach springs (T32). Just added a Ovano Switch XL which dropped the rear height by 50mm then added 100kg of tools. The ride is now really bad. Feels heavy rear end and wallowy if that’s such a word!?
Any options please??
Yes, definitely some options. You can cure the wallowy ride with an H&R ARB upgrade and make a change on the suspension.

Just want to double check, the ovano dropped the van a further 50mm at the back, or dropped it to 50mm from standard.

What sort of final ride height are you looking to achieve?

The Ovano with 100kg tools has dropped the rear around 70mm from the standard -30mm Sportline Eibach factory but nothing at the front.
My old T5 T28 on vmaxxes dropped both front and rear around 100mm and was lovely to drive….

Any options please??
Why dont you give us a call we have the perfect solution for this .

What an informative thread! Love a good challenging discussion without resorting to name calling.
I have a new SWB 4-motion 2.0 TDI340 (the model name in Australia - we don’t label them T30, T32 etc). This single turbo 340nm version has the smaller brakes and 16” steels from factory so I believe it’s a T30.
The ride from factory (now on 18” Amaroks with 235/55 tyres) is crashy and harsh.
Very interested in fitting some quality coilovers but keen to retain the good ground clearance so maybe only 30mm lower at front is all we need (seems higher at front than rear which looks odd).
Will the KW V1 and B14 Komfort kits work well at the top of their ride height adjustment and still cope with dirt roads to access campsites etc? More interested in good ride quality and handling than looks associated with 50-80mm drop.
Thanks ☺️

What an informative thread! Love a good challenging discussion without resorting to name calling.
I have a new SWB 4-motion 2.0 TDI340 (the model name in Australia - we don’t label them T30, T32 etc). This single turbo 340nm version has the smaller brakes and 16” steels from factory so I believe it’s a T30.
The ride from factory (now on 18” Amaroks with 235/55 tyres) is crashy and harsh.
Very interested in fitting some quality coilovers but keen to retain the good ground clearance so maybe only 30mm lower at front is all we need (seems higher at front than rear which looks odd).
Will the KW V1 and B14 Komfort kits work well at the top of their ride height adjustment and still cope with dirt roads to access campsites etc? More interested in good ride quality and handling than looks associated with 50-80mm drop.
Thanks ☺️
For subtle drops of 30 mm a coil over isnt really the way i would recommend to my clients here in UK .

You wont get B14 down there as its a customer kit ( not make by Bilstein ) so it would need to be imported to you from here i guess ??

The range of it is 40 to 70 , but our experience shows that in heavier vans it cant get near the higher figures so its unlikely to get the 30 mm you want /

The KW V1 or STX , they are the same ( just no stainless steel on front shock ) that is closer 35 to 65 it should be available down there and it carries weight better than the B 14

We have a special kit here in UK called "Evo Technik" it has a 30 mm front drop and variable height rear spring , it can carry weight ( plenty ) and level the rear sag out. If you couple this to a set of KONI shocks that you can buy down there from Toperformance in Victoria you will have a very nice result

For subtle drops of 30 mm a coil over isnt really the way i would recommend to my clients here in UK .

You wont get B14 down there as its a customer kit ( not make by Bilstein ) so it would need to be imported to you from here i guess ??

The range of it is 40 to 70 , but our experience shows that in heavier vans it cant get near the higher figures so its unlikely to get the 30 mm you want /

The KW V1 or STX , they are the same ( just no stainless steel on front shock ) that is closer 35 to 65 it should be available down there and it carries weight better than the B 14

We have a special kit here in UK called "Evo Technik" it has a 30 mm front drop and variable height rear spring , it can carry weight ( plenty ) and level the rear sag out. If you couple this to a set of KONI shocks that you can buy down there from Toperformance in Victoria you will have a very nice result
Many thanks for the reply! I've been in contact with Toperformance, and have pricing on Koni Active dampers. Trying to determine if i can use the original springs all round, or just go for new front springs to get rid of the weird look from the front sitting higher than rear. Pic enclosed to demonstrate this (skippy for scale ;)).

Would be great to hear from other owners who have gone for Koni shocks and eibach springs or std springs - might search the forum separately.

IMG_7486 (1).jpg

Reactions: CAB
You can just fit a 30 to40 mm front lowering spring. BUT don’t fit the rears it will go too low and special active won’t work.
this is the mistake most camper converters make here in uk , they ride terrible !

You can just fit a 30 to40 mm front lowering spring. BUT don’t fit the rears it will go too low and special active won’t work.
this is the mistake most camper converters make here in uk , they ride terrible !
Thanks again! I think this set of front springs could be just what i am after? Eibach Springs Volkswagen T6.1 CALIFORNIA (SGF, SGM, SGN)

Toperformance is concerned about the Special Active dampers used with lowered springs being outside of their operating range. I would think 30mm front drop is fine for those shocks, and leave OEM rear springs?

Thanks again! I think this set of front springs could be just what i am after? Eibach Springs Volkswagen T6.1 CALIFORNIA (SGF, SGM, SGN)

Toperformance is concerned about the Special Active dampers used with lowered springs being outside of their operating range. I would think 30mm front drop is fine for those shocks, and leave OEM rear springs?
They are correct that’s why I said 30 to 40 max. Unfortunately many after market springs don’t do what they say on the tin must measure the wheel arch gaps carefully. Active shock is ok up to 40 mm we haven’t had any issues

Back