Review: T32 CRS KW coilover suspension

Still amazing how many people think small wheels, big tyres and standard suspension are the key to comfort. You hear so many ignorant comments about 20's and lowering when none are true when done properly. I nearly feel sorry for the poor feckers rolling around with massive arch gaps on 16/17/18 wheels with zero style and zero looks because they just want comfort :rolleyes:

Your van looks as good at it handles no doubt.

Looking good @twotone2

I went up to see @CRS Performance last weekend and had the exact same setup fitted. Echo all your comments. Not only does the van look better, but the ride quality has improved vastly. Less crashy, much more composed, and corners so much better- especially noticeable on roundabouts.
Had a good chat and a decent brew while I was waiting too. Cheers Steve!

Another member of the CRS Appreciation Society ;)

View attachment 112030
this looks great on the Devonport's how much drop to you think it had? asking for a friend....

Still amazing how many people think small wheels, big tyres and standard suspension are the key to comfort. You hear so many ignorant comments about 20's and lowering when none are true when done properly. I nearly feel sorry for the poor feckers rolling around with massive arch gaps on 16/17/18 wheels with zero style and zero looks because they just want comfort :rolleyes:

Your van looks as good at it handles no doubt.
:rolleyes:

Hi Steve

245/45 and 275/40 I’m running
I think the picture makes it look lower at the fronts as the weight is on the front on my driveway. Help me Steve ps how was busfest was great to have a chat

Ok makes sense. The front tyre looks bigger but it might be the angle of the pic. 245 45 20 is the best tyre to run and will allow for a bit more drop.

@CRS Performance kit is very very good, I just want mine to be a little lower! It does ride comfortable though which I do like

View attachment 213907
I had the same
@CRS Performance kit is very very good, I just want mine to be a little lower! It does ride comfortable though which I do like

View attachment 213907

I had the same issue in searching for the best combination of drive quality and lows. I did have CRS's Koni Short Sport shocks and Eibach Comfort 50/60 low springs but it still sat too high but handled very well. Pic below

van_eibach_koni.jpg
I put on a set of machined top mounts (I know Steve @CRS Performance hates these) but it still wasn't low enough. I took the whole lot off and got a set of original SoLows which I left pretty much at full height and these were superb except the rear springs felt a bit soft on a fully loaded camper and it rubbed a little on 255/40/20 on ET42 9" rims.
The best solution I could come up with was to remove the SoLow rear springs and put on the Eibach springs with adjuster delete. Delighted now with the height and no rubbing even with 15mm rear spacers. Pic of this set up below
van_so_low_last.jpg

I had the same

I had the same issue in searching for the best combination of drive quality and lows. I did have CRS's Koni Short Sport shocks and Eibach Comfort 50/60 low springs but it still sat too high but handled very well. Pic below

View attachment 215850
I put on a set of machined top mounts (I know Steve @CRS Performance hates these) but it still wasn't low enough. I took the whole lot off and got a set of original SoLows which I left pretty much at full height and these were superb except the rear springs felt a bit soft on a fully loaded camper and it rubbed a little on 255/40/20 on ET42 9" rims.
The best solution I could come up with was to remove the SoLow rear springs and put on the Eibach springs with adjuster delete. Delighted now with the height and no rubbing even with 15mm rear spacers. Pic of this set up below
View attachment 215852
solow springs aren’t suitable for a camper they simply can’t handle the weight. contrary to what the industry thinks there are very few springs commercially available that can carry a camper properly , we developed our own springs to solve this issue .

solow springs aren’t suitable for a camper they simply can’t handle the weight. contrary to what the industry thinks there are very few springs commercially available that can carry a camper properly , we developed our own springs to solve this issue .
Can you give me some details please Steve @CRS Performance, have they adjustable collars and what drop will they give ? I'd like to take off the Eibachs and keep them and the Koni's as a full spare set or sell them on.

Can you give me some details please Steve @CRS Performance, have they adjustable collars and what drop will they give ? I'd like to take off the Eibachs and keep them and the Koni's as a full spare set or sell them on.
There isn’t anything that is suitable for the height you have unfortunately . It would have to be developed and because we don’t do those super low drops we wouldn’t invest time and money into that. Solow are advertising kits for campers now but looking at the video , it isn’t really anything other than another regurgitation of B14 .. ( and they are rubbish in campers ) Steve sits back and waits for the onslaught of B14 fans ha ha.

There isn’t anything that is suitable for the height you have unfortunately . It would have to be developed and because we don’t do those super low drops we wouldn’t invest time and money into that. Solow are advertising kits for campers now but looking at the video , it isn’t really anything other than another regurgitation of B14 .. ( and they are rubbish in campers ) Steve sits back and waits for the onslaught of B14 fans ha ha.
Sorry Steve, but a lot of what you’ve said there just isn’t true.

Watching a video and making big assumptions about a product are very different to working with and understanding the product.

The SoLow range may look similar to the old B14 and B14 komfort kits, but they are a very different product.

We’ve fitted several of each variant at the cave with great success, including heavily loaded campers. The results have been excellent and each customer has been very happy, particularly with the improvements in ride quality.

Last edited:

Watching a video and making big assumptions about a product are very different to working with and understanding the product.

The SoLow range may look similar to the old B14 and B14 komfort kits, but they are a very different product.

We’ve fitted several of each variant at the cave with great success, including heavily loaded campers. The results have been excellent and each customer has been very happy, particularly with the improvements in ride quality.
2nd this.:thumbsup:

Well said Chris. Totally agree with you on this.

The CRS anti Bilstein and lately the anti Solow approach to business is very obvious to all!!

We’ve had excellent results over many years with all variants of the Bilstein and Solow suspension, on all Transporter based vehicles.

Last edited:
Score so far is 3-1.
Great replies so far but any of the traders recommend the most popular set up of suspension components?

Score so far is 3-1.
Great replies so far but any of the traders recommend the most popular set up of suspension components?
It’s not as straightforward as just stating the most popular.

What’s important, and this is something that I take time to get right for each of my customers, is recommending the right setup for the right application and the given set of requirements.

Different customers needs and circumstances will always dictate what is recommended.

Having said all of that, from everything I can offer, which is pretty much the entire market, there isn’t much that can’t be catered for with the new SoLow range. Most bases are covered, and covered very well. Not quite all bases, but most.

Unsure on what you seem to be smoking recently.. but it seems you are possibly scared with the competition you may have on the horizon!
Strap yaself in Steve.. I think you may be in for a bit of a ride ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Score so far is 3-1.
Suspension isn’t one size fits all. We’ve always listened to customer needs and we are lucky enough to run a few demo vans running our available suspension kits- for you to try before you buy. Back to back testing if necessary so you really notice the differences, and make your own mind up what works for you.
And of course once the correct kit is chosen and after fitting, we make sure you can get the best out of it with a full Hunter alignment, which is key to the suspensions best performance.

HTH

Back