Reverse Camera Coding?

Just a quick run down
I ran cables all in
Left the yellow and brown at the back and connected brown on the earth lug of the body and yellow onto the black and green reverse wire from the rear light

then connected the red on a switched live in the fuse box and black in pin 12 and transparent in pin 6 does this sound right?

You need to code both modules, its a tick box in each, what is the issue with PDC mod 10 ?

What version VCDS?. Genuine?

You tried it with the ignition on and PDC activated and beeping?

What PDC has you got? Just rear or front and rear?

Got a pic?

Have you got the PDC dash button to switch it on manual?

Just something to watch my camera doesn’t come on if rear barn door isn’t properly shut, tailgate might be the same? As @Pauly says you need to active it in two modules. I didn’t fit a genuine camera but on most cameras the yellow is normally the video feed.

No PDC !!!

Um, not sure if the rvs cam will work without PDC.... @Pauly ?

Are sure you have a compatible headunit ?
Cameras wont work with most of the small screen radios !

Then thats not the issue, TBH im not sure, not come across that combo before, Disco media on a startline is unusual

What i do know is that all the one i have seen/done needed the PDC module coding before the camera started to work ! and the above point is true camera will not work if rear door is open, that has caught me out before !

Remember the difference between the module tabs, stick to the ‘installed’ tab and it’s obvious what’s there and what’s not

Back