No, I requested the Redarc as part of the conversion, which is hooked up to a solar panel. I paid for that upgrade .
Just spent nearly £400 for travelvolts to sort out my electrics! B2B to replace the relay was one thing but they underrated the wiring and over rated the fuse too!! And only one fuse by the started motor nine by the leisure battery.

I think I need to have words with 8ball!

All seasons actually convert Status 1 Automotives Vans, I can only speak from my experience @LSNE would be intrested to see why you would say stay clear

They got too big too quickly.
Quality control is a massive issue for them due to the revolving door of staff.
They charge premium prices while fitting budget parts.
When a customer asks questions about what is being fitted they talk about suspension 'like' street pros but then fit budget no name suspension.
Still fitting VSR's instead of B2B charging system. If you insist on a B2B, they then fit the cheapest they can find while charging the customer for a premium product.
Even the VSR they fit is a Split Charge version not the Durite, to maximise profits.
There's a reason they don't give you a full breakdown of an install.

They got too big too quickly.
Quality control is a massive issue for them due to the revolving door of staff.
They charge premium prices while fitting budget parts.
When a customer asks questions about what is being fitted they talk about suspension 'like' street pros but then fit budget no name suspension.
Still fitting VSR's instead of B2B charging system. If you insist on a B2B, they then fit the cheapest they can find while charging the customer for a premium product.
Even the VSR they fit is a Split Charge version not the Durite, to maximise profits.
There's a reason they don't give you a full breakdown of an install.
Sounds like you have inside knowledge or an unhappy customer. It's good to let people know as T6 Campers are a big investment

I travelled to numerous different converters in this area when I bought my panel van, looking through there workshops seeing how they work and there craftsmanship etc... while exploria and status 1 look good I found them way too expensive... Mark at Alpine does some good stuff, but again a bit to expensive for me. I ended up going to Glynn at Worthvalley campers, knows his stuff... anal if owt which is what you want when your handing over a 15k van. Craftsmanship spot on too!

Just spent nearly £400 for travelvolts to sort out my electrics! B2B to replace the relay was one thing but they underrated the wiring and over rated the fuse too!! And only one fuse by the started motor nine by the leisure battery.

I think I need to have words with 8ball!

Hi, did you speak with 8 Ball?

I did, was waiting until today to update.

They have responded to my feedback in the absolute A++ way. I cannot say how impressed I have been with their response. These guys have really lived up to the reviews etc. I would go as far to say that the snags I found now positively reflect on them as a company. Sorry if this is a bit much but they have really turned the whole thing round. I plan to write a full review separately soon.

So far the response has been: a call from Colin the next day providing assurance of their willingness to do whatever is required. They have covered the FULL cost of the electrical work even though they can justify their work AND a dc-dc charger was never part of the agreement.
And Mike is here right now at my house in Hemel (from Hull) working on putting right a few minor bits.

Needless to say I cannot recommend 8ball enough and would thoroughly recommend them to anyone!

When things go well then all is good but you can really tell the worth of a company when things don’t go to plan and how they respond and 8balls response once they were made aware was immediate and 100%

I did, was waiting until today to update.

They have responded to my feedback in the absolute A++ way. I cannot say how impressed I have been with their response. These guys have really lived up to the reviews etc. I would go as far to say that the snags I found now positively reflect on them as a company. Sorry if this is a bit much but they have really turned the whole thing round. I plan to write a full review separately soon.

So far the response has been: a call from Colin the next day providing assurance of their willingness to do whatever is required. They have covered the FULL cost of the electrical work even though they can justify their work AND a dc-dc charger was never part of the agreement.
And Mike is here right now at my house in Hemel (from Hull) working on putting right a few minor bits.

Needless to say I cannot recommend 8ball enough and would thoroughly recommend them to anyone!

When things go well then all is good but you can really tell the worth of a company when things don’t go to plan and how they respond and 8balls response once they were made aware was immediate and 100%

Great news, can you clarify that the electrics you described in an earlier post were incorrect? I ask, because I had my conversion done at 8 Ball so should I be concerned? I will add I have had no issues with it.

My van is a Euro 6 with the stop start system.

Regarding the electrics, they are confident in their work but I’m not sure I would agree and travelvolts (who did the subsequent work) definitely doesn’t agree. One point of concern (if I hadn’t had it changed out) is the fuses and rating of wiring. The explanation given is that the wires are triple rated and therefore can take 150A instead of the 50A. I have checked up on triple rating and as far as I can see it only means that it meets the requirements for Uk, us and canada by going with the highest spec of the three. Therefore it was still the case that the wiring was rated to 50A and the fuse was 80A therefore redundant.

I also still disagree with their opinion on the validity of using the split charge relay but again this is highlighted in the build spec and so can be upgraded if you want greater performance.

Great news, can you clarify that the electrics you described in an earlier post were incorrect? I ask, because I had my conversion done at 8 Ball so should I be concerned? I will add I have had no issues with it.

My van is a Euro 6 with the stop start system.
When did you have your conversion done? My main concern with the relay was the possibility of it limiting the life of the battery

Regarding the electrics, they are confident in their work but I’m not sure I would agree and travelvolts (who did the subsequent work) definitely doesn’t agree. One point of concern (if I hadn’t had it changed out) is the fuses and rating of wiring. The explanation given is that the wires are triple rated and therefore can take 150A instead of the 50A. I have checked up on triple rating and as far as I can see it only means that it meets the requirements for Uk, us and canada by going with the highest spec of the three. Therefore it was still the case that the wiring was rated to 50A and the fuse was 80A therefore redundant.

I also still disagree with their opinion on the validity of using the split charge relay but again this is highlighted in the build spec and so can be upgraded if you want greater performance.

Thank you for clarifying this.

I had the van converted about 15 months ago......great workmanship and build quality.
Like I said these issues were tainting my opinions but the response has been amazing and generally, putting these issues aside, I am over the moon with it. The build, the design of the interior I just love and why I travelled to the other end of the country to get it done. This has only reconfirmed that I made the right decision.

If you are looking for a converter, go to 8ball and reserve a slot ASAP!

Stonewall leisure in Stockton-on-Tees.
Search them on here and you'll find a review of the work they did for me.
They were absolutely first class! I found other companies just had a list of options to pick from but stonewall are happy to work with you to create whatever ideas you have for your bespoke camper.

Hi all - apologies if this is covered elsewhere...

I’ve read the various positive and negative experiences with HiLo roof fitting and after sales support - something I need to weigh up carefully.

However, would be great to hear from others who have had a HiLo fitted in the Yorkshire area. Who did you use to fit and what was your experience?

Thanks

Does it have to be Hilo?
Austops are superb and Yorkshire based.
Thanks Phil. Doesn’t have to be HiLo, I’m just leaning that way because this will also be a daily driver, and I like the external profile and internal look (slide board to cover canvas).

Like many others, I am concerned by the number of problems people have had, so I could be swayed.

thanks for the tip to look harder at Austops, I’ll take a more detail look at those.

cheers

Back