8 Ball Camper Conversions

After 2 years and 14000 miles, I can say that the conversion has performed pretty well and looks pretty good still. Certainly better than the van itself which has stones chips all over the front and scuffs etc!

I did think we went a little mad with the options list when ordering (extra windows, loc8 table, reimo rail, extra sockets, lowering springs, solar panel, diesel heater with digital control and LED under cupboard lighting) but the only thing I would change would be the LED strip in the kitchen cupboard, currently priced at £160 it’s basically a £20 strip of lights (although good when in disco mode ;)). The lowering springs were replaced soon after with a proper setup from CRS but was worth it so it looked good at collection.

We found that we kept forgetting to fill up with water before parking up so rely mostly on 2ltr bottle. Last season we didn’t use it at all and I noticed when cleaning the tank for this season the hose had gone manky so been flushing it through whenever I get a chance. More my fault due to poor maintenance than the conversion but something to remember.
Thanks so much for all the info, really helps with making our decision, I think our next step is write a list of what we want to achieve with the van and draw a spec from there, I need to be off grid from friday to sunday for my fishing so I think Solar and Lithium is going to be a must. We would like a warm shower too for when we are off grid and also we want to be able to work from the van on 2 laptops, so charging laptops is a must. So many decisions to make...

Back