8 Ball Camper Conversions

cgtmiles

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi

I want to say how amazing 8 ball campers are!
We had our new van converted by 8 ball campers in January this year and collected it at the beginning of February. We selected 8 ball as they had the exact combination of everything we wanted and went for them because of this regardless of the fact that they are at the other end of the country (they are based in Hull and we are in Hertfordshire). During the process of specifying the conversion they were accommodating if not maybe 100% communicative of the process and the options. We did feel a little railroaded into some decisions but in hindsight they were trying to guide us into making the right decisions. On collection we were very happy with the result and were looking forward to our new life as campervan owners.

After the storms in February we were able to properly look at the van and found various things we were not happy about and began to feel that maybe we had made the wrong decision in choosing 8ball. We were concerned that getting into any fight with the converters could have a negative impact on our ownership of the van and so held back from raising the issues but in the end I found an issue I really couldn’t live with so I sent an email listing the issues we had found. The very next day I had an call from one of the owners giving reassurance that they would resolve all our issues and ensure we were 100% happy, even to the point where they would cover our out of pocket costs (totally nearly £400) and the other company owner would personally travel down to address all our concerns.

I have read many reviews on here of companies who when confronted with complaints aggressively fight their position but this is the complete opposite of the approach 8 ball took and this is why they really stand out as a first class company. I can not recommend them enough. How companies respond when things do not go right is very telling and 8 ball has come out as the best I have ever seen or experienced.

I hope this helps make up your mind when considering 8 ball. It’s a big investment and putting your trust in a company is a bit of a leap of faith but rest assured your trust and money is safe with 8 ball.

Thanks for reading
Chris

Hi

I want to say how amazing 8 ball campers are!
We had our new van converted by 8 ball campers in January this year and collected it at the beginning of February. We selected 8 ball as they had the exact combination of everything we wanted and went for them because of this regardless of the fact that they are at the other end of the country (they are based in Hull and we are in Hertfordshire). During the process of specifying the conversion they were accommodating if not maybe 100% communicative of the process and the options. We did feel a little railroaded into some decisions but in hindsight they were trying to guide us into making the right decisions. On collection we were very happy with the result and were looking forward to our new life as campervan owners.

After the storms in February we were able to properly look at the van and found various things we were not happy about and began to feel that maybe we had made the wrong decision in choosing 8ball. We were concerned that getting into any fight with the converters could have a negative impact on our ownership of the van and so held back from raising the issues but in the end I found an issue I really couldn’t live with so I sent an email listing the issues we had found. The very next day I had an call from one of the owners giving reassurance that they would resolve all our issues and ensure we were 100% happy, even to the point where they would cover our out of pocket costs (totally nearly £400) and the other company owner would personally travel down to address all our concerns.

I have read many reviews on here of companies who when confronted with complaints aggressively fight their position but this is the complete opposite of the approach 8 ball took and this is why they really stand out as a first class company. I can not recommend them enough. How companies respond when things do not go right is very telling and 8 ball has come out as the best I have ever seen or experienced.

I hope this helps make up your mind when considering 8 ball. It’s a big investment and putting your trust in a company is a bit of a leap of faith but rest assured your trust and money is safe with 8 ball.

Thanks for reading
Chris
Thanks
What complaints(s) did you make?

Mostly minor things that we should maybe have picked up on handover or they should have picked up on the pre release checks.

Hi All,

Looking to maybe use 8 Ball for our new camper conversion, would love to see other people's beforehand.

Also any thoughts/feedback, wish I hads, etc

Thanks

I have the 8ball Demo/Show Van from 2016. Even though I'm now the third owner Martin and Chris have been really helpful with a few questions I have asked about the van over the past few months.

To reassure anyone who is considering an 8ball conversion from them. I can vouch that the build quality is excellent. The interior still looks like new and everything still works perfectly.

I couldn't be happier.

I have the 8ball Demo/Show Van from 2016. Even though I'm now the third owner Martin and Chris have been really helpful with a few questions I have asked about the van over the past few months.

To reassure anyone who is considering an 8ball conversion from them. I can vouch that the build quality is excellent. The interior still looks like new and everything still works perfectly.

I couldn't be happier.
Do you have any pictures?

I’ve got loads :somersault:
What do you want to see?
What I'm really interested in seeing is boot space on a rib slider bed, not sure if yours is or not? I'm tempted to have rails put in...

Are there things looking back that you wish you had specced or changed?

I would love to use 8 ball for the starlight ceiling but unfortunately I live too far away and can't justify getting to them :(

Yeah unfortunately I'm on the South coast and can't justify going to Yorkshire. Can't find anyone down South that can do it either. I think they are the only ones? Gutted!

I had an 8ball conversion done ..haven’t got it now and we did feel rail roaded somewhat as in first paragraph just their manner
There isn’t loads of space under the rib and be aware the rib beds aren’t at all comfortable to sleep on

What I'm really interested in seeing is boot space on a rib slider bed, not sure if yours is or not? I'm tempted to have rails put in...

Are there things looking back that you wish you had specced or changed?
I have the standard RIB 112 bed. As stated above it’s not the most comfortable but ok for a night or 2 as is. I’m not sure how this compares to other bed options but must be better than the rock and roll type where you sleep on the seat side. We use the mattress from the poptop bed as a topper. Fits perfectly and comfy enough for a 3 week summer trip. It’s quite high though so good for storage but not so good for kids (been thinking about making a step they can use to put their feet on when travelling + more storage).

We went for the 8ball2 setup as thought it would be good to have more kitchen storage but may go for the 8ball3 slimline kitchen if choosing again for the wider bed

Here are some photos of the “boot”8349B42A-EDD4-44AE-BD5B-212FAEFD8ED5.jpegF63AA63C-6B2E-45F3-B421-109A54326FC7.jpeg
Generally use the top shelf for personal kit and under the shelf for camping gear. Long items like chairs etc fit nicely underneath the seat (this -awning option, cadac and clothes is ready for a trip for 3)

A photo inside today. A few stickers etc but largely the same as the above photo:FE546579-4843-4491-862C-DA9E869912E1.jpeg
A couple of additions to make travel more bearable in the back, cup holder both sides and an arm rest cubby hole on the passenger side
C3E1A0B3-3CDB-448A-A6FE-F61F8A9808DB.jpeg
D4BF1B45-72D2-4D83-AA16-2389CAEC379C.jpeg

After 2 years and 14000 miles, I can say that the conversion has performed pretty well and looks pretty good still. Certainly better than the van itself which has stones chips all over the front and scuffs etc!

I did think we went a little mad with the options list when ordering (extra windows, loc8 table, reimo rail, extra sockets, lowering springs, solar panel, diesel heater with digital control and LED under cupboard lighting) but the only thing I would change would be the LED strip in the kitchen cupboard, currently priced at £160 it’s basically a £20 strip of lights (although good when in disco mode ;)). The lowering springs were replaced soon after with a proper setup from CRS but was worth it so it looked good at collection.

We found that we kept forgetting to fill up with water before parking up so rely mostly on 2ltr bottle. Last season we didn’t use it at all and I noticed when cleaning the tank for this season the hose had gone manky so been flushing it through whenever I get a chance. More my fault due to poor maintenance than the conversion but something to remember.

Back