Rear Underslung leisure battery

It's a long time since I fitted the first battery in the chassis - side member slot but the 'cardboard box' trick was used in the planning stage for that.

Rod.

To drag up an old thread.. I was sodding about under the van earlier and removed the splash-guards from the near side - it got me thinking whether I could mount my 110Ah battery in the cill where the pre-heater would normally sit (there’s some brackets and polystyrene installed but no heater :unsure:)​
Has anyone else got any thought on this?​
The Propex is under the drivers seat and I’m considering installing a water tank in the offside cill area.​
I put mu Deisel heater in this area as i had skirt water tanks on drivers side. when i was under van (T6) wondering what i could put where, i was thinking maybe i could make a bracket/shelf that would slide into that round tube you can see, there are a pr one on each side. you may be able to mount batteries onto this then??

I put mu Deisel heater in this area as i had skirt water tanks on drivers side. when i was under van (T6) wondering what i could put where, i was thinking maybe i could make a bracket/shelf that would slide into that round tube you can see, there are a pr one on each side. you may be able to mount batteries onto this then??
@Sniggib
See underslung battery arrangement by New Wave Custom Conversions. I‘ve had this for almost 3 years now and is problem free, even after driving through some fairly deep flood water.
The advantages are that it saves on valuable internal storage space, the weight is low down and any potential battery hazard is external.

Nice. but that is where the skirt water tanks would go, so that leaves you looking for another location for water storage.
i am thinking of loosing the spare wheel to make room for everything.

Last edited:
Nice. but that is where the skirt water tanks would go, so that leaves you looking for another location for water storage.
i am thinking of loosing the spare wheel to make room for everything.
1623055813329.jpeg

That's where I always fit my fresh water tank but you don't have to loose the spare wheel to fit that type it fits around the wheel. My waste water tank fits down the centre alongside the exhaust. Both types of tank available from Autocraft Motor Caravans.

Back