Leisure battery install has raised a couple of fault codes.

Pistol-pete67

VIP Member
Hi I’ve recently installed a leisure battery with a dc to dc and blue tooth shunt to track voltage and draw use for both starter battery and leisure.

Post install which included cable run along roof and b / d pillar to rear for extra charge points and a run from under the dash with jumper fuse off horn back to passenger seat for 12v ignition for dc to dc.

Post install with everything working well on the leisure battery front. However I now have a couple of faults on cam scanner including my park pilot been deactivated.

Anyone know what the faults are, presume I could have damaged a wire on the run or a connector under seat? Have checked all connectors however can not get rid of the trailer recognition - j345 and the 2x park assist u111100 faults.

Have traced wiring from 4 back sensors through to black connector, fed, 12v and 4 sensor feeds seem ok.

Thanks again forum has been amazing to date with loads of knowledge gained.

IMG_0740.png

image.jpg

Are you a T6 or a T6.1?

Looking at the fuse box I'm guessing T6?

On my T6.1 the trailer module is under the other seat. If the T6 is the same then make sure you are checking both areas.

Also if you've been installing circuits it's easy to miss the return, have a good check that the grounding points near the modules in question are sound too.

I’ve just found the trailer module, thanks @roadtripper and no power because I chopped the spare 12v cable under passenger seat into two pieces and took the main 8 mm cable. Turns out this powers the other spare cables and the trailer detector module. Thanks all park pilot works again and all error codes are cleared with a quick splicing of cables but now need to do it properly. Thats a day gone on trouble shooting

Back