Price of diesel in your area?

156.9 at my BP in Fife, Scotland. Cheapest I have seen it there for ages. I guess the local supermarket might have a penny or two off/less?

£1.49 / litre in Texaco, Lechlade.
On the subject of price; anyone else noticed that the price of Adblue has more or less doubled over the past 12 months?o_O

£1.39.9 Diesel and Petrol, just filled up in Ellesmere
Bit of a saving towards the increase in road tax due next month :rolleyes:
It's the 'DA Roberts' effect, fuel price at Gridley Brook has brought lots down in North Shropshire just like the one on The Mount has in Shrewsbury. Grindley Brook and Victoria Garage in Whitchurch had diesel lower than petrol this week!!

I've just turned off the M6 at J1 and diesel there is 184.9, robbing sods, that's almost £30 more to fill the T6 than back in North Shropshire needless to say I didn't.

Since the prices went mad, the fuel card has normally been around 10-20p a litre cheaper.
There is a lot of money being made somewhere

Today at Nesscliffe diesel is £1.39 / litre.
A couple of years ago that would have been expensive. Not now.

Read an interesting piece from the AA last week saying that diesel is cheaper than petrol at the refineries and that the consumers, us, are as per usual not benefiting and still being had over.

Abridge garage today diesel and petrol both
£145.9. An honest (ish) garage, there’s a surprise.

In other news I’m all up and running with my fuel card, and at selected garages , mostly ESSO I’m
paying £128.9. So far so good.

Steve

As I understand it, you are right in that diesel is simpler and thus cheaper to refine, and diesel used to be cheaper than petrol many years ago, but since diesel was discovered to be more harmful when burned, the tax levied against it's sale is higher.

That's my understanding at least.

Back