Price of diesel in your area?

Presumably you mean $1.50 (£0.875) and $2.30 (£1.35)?

Am I right in thinking that most petroleum products in Australia are imported from the countries in the far east? That said, I don't know where they get the crude from and can't be arsed to research it!.

Twice I have raised this point and twice you have failed to engage with me on this point. Can I ask why?
Fine, if it makes you happy (but this will be my last post on our off topic rant off)…

Not bothering to make an effort just because someone else doesn’t is not my thing. Nobody wins. This links in to the ‘race to the bottom’ phrase I used before and you disagreed with.
We keep saying the UK are world beating, very clever, decent, innovative etc. etc. And we are now, apparently, free of all that red tape that was holding us back! (It’s not holding Italy back from paying residents 110% of the cost of insulation or efficient heat sources, or holding France back from banning fracking forever and having a decent price cap on energy).
Plus, global air quality didn’t kill that poor girl in London, local air quality did. Ask the coroner.
When that happens more and more, in more countries, finally people will say enough is enough and lobby their governments to clean up their act. And I dare say China will beat us to it. Yes, they rolled out new coal fired stations quickly but are already closing older ones quickly and have developed cleaner, safer nuclear we could consider, although Germany just had a huge announcement on this strand.

Last point on this… look at CO2 emissions per capita by country. China does come in above us per person but the real eye opener, the countries that score over 5 times higher than China, are the countries producing… oil and shale gas. Odd that. A lot of these have small populations too so it isn’t local energy generation or car travel so much… it’s the oil and gas - which we all have a part in because we keep burning the stuff. So you can’t blame China (& others you didn’t mention) without blaming ourselves. So a reduction we make at a local level does absolutely affect global levels.

Also, I just need to ask you to keep an open mind and goggle why Thatcher closed the coal industry. It’s obviously an interest to you. Spoiler, it’s nothing to do with the green lobby you keep mentioning.

Back on topic - a Texaco in Canley, Coventry was charging 187.9 per litre of diesel yesterday. Their special diesel was 192.9 - struck me as odd as usually these special blends with added detergent etc are usually 9 or 10p per litre more expensive. It could be seen that the normal diesel is artificially held 4 or 5p higher per litre now?

Fine, if it makes you happy (but this will be my last post on our off topic rant off)…

Not bothering to make an effort just because someone else doesn’t is not my thing. Nobody wins. This links in to the ‘race to the bottom’ phrase I used before and you disagreed with.
We keep saying the UK are world beating, very clever, decent, innovative etc. etc. And we are now, apparently, free of all that red tape that was holding us back! (It’s not holding Italy back from paying residents 110% of the cost of insulation or efficient heat sources, or holding France back from banning fracking forever and having a decent price cap on energy).
Plus, global air quality didn’t kill that poor girl in London, local air quality did. Ask the coroner.
When that happens more and more, in more countries, finally people will say enough is enough and lobby their governments to clean up their act. And I dare say China will beat us to it. Yes, they rolled out new coal fired stations quickly but are already closing older ones quickly and have developed cleaner, safer nuclear we could consider, although Germany just had a huge announcement on this strand.

Last point on this… look at CO2 emissions per capita by country. China does come in above us per person but the real eye opener, the countries that score over 5 times higher than China, are the countries producing… oil and shale gas. Odd that. A lot of these have small populations too so it isn’t local energy generation or car travel so much… it’s the oil and gas - which we all have a part in because we keep burning the stuff. So you can’t blame China (& others you didn’t mention) without blaming ourselves. So a reduction we make at a local level does absolutely affect global levels.

Also, I just need to ask you to keep an open mind and goggle why Thatcher closed the coal industry. It’s obviously an interest to you. Spoiler, it’s nothing to do with the green lobby you keep mentioning.

Back on topic - a Texaco in Canley, Coventry was charging 187.9 per litre of diesel yesterday. Their special diesel was 192.9 - struck me as odd as usually these special blends with added detergent etc are usually 9 or 10p per litre more expensive. It could be seen that the normal diesel is artificially held 4 or 5p higher per litre now?
You are misrepresenting my position, but we are off-topic, so we'll leave it at that.

It could be seen that the normal diesel is artificially held 4 or 5p higher per litre now?

I think as a country we import a lot of diesel so that could be why it still sits a lot higher than gasoline, where I work we export a lot of diesel due to its Sulphur content

Thank God for that, I was wondering how much more a person who drives a 2.25 tonne diesel camper (your words) and a diesel golf (your words) could argue against burning fossil fuels.
To be fair I literally pointed that out in my last post when I said “we all play a part in this”! Nice that you looked through all my posts though.

I do also have decent insulation in my house, keep the thermostat at 18 in the winter, drive with a bit of thought - which achieves 42mpg from my 2.25t van (perfectly possible even when being at the speed limit wherever achievable, you might have spotted that as you sifted my other posts?), don’t follow fashion and don’t eat too much meat. So I do what I consider my bit but we still have fun.
I wouldn’t give up my van, don’t suppose any of us would and I don’t think we have to, especially if we do other small things that make positive change.
It’s all fully achievable but sticking your head in the sand and saying nobody else bothers so why should I achieves nothing.

It’s all fully achievable but sticking your head in the sand and saying nobody else bothers so why should I achieves nothing.
Stop misrepresenting my position. If you can't understand my posts, get some help from an adult.

Stop misrepresenting my position. If you can't understand my posts, get some help from an adult.
Sorry, Bav, it’s not a dig at you, it just feels that’s the general attitude of those in charge and a few that support them.
I honestly haven’t set out to upset you but equally I like to see balance.
I am a full blown adult holding down a full time job and raising two well mannered bright happy children so let’s not start drifting toward insults just because we don’t see eye to eye. You also wrote you can’t understand part of my post… I didn’t feel the need to suggest you get an adult to help.

Sorry, Bav, it’s not a dig at you, it just feels that’s the general attitude of those in charge and a few that support them.
I honestly haven’t set out to upset you but equally I like to see balance.
I am a full blown adult holding down a full time job and raising two well mannered bright happy children so let’s not start drifting toward insults just because we don’t see eye to eye. You also wrote you can’t understand part of my post…
Okay. Apology accepted and reciprocated.

We were in Basque region of Spain last week and put €90 of diesel in (€1.89/l I think), went to pay and was told I had a discount - down to €78. I didn't question it. Turns out it's a government discount to help with rising fuel costs

Back