Price of diesel in your area?

you thinking jerry cans?
@Magpie1832. You're a long way from home. Are you in the van?
Nah wish I was. It would be one of the newest vehicles around.
There's a mix of old and new in main areas. But out of town and it's like stepping into the 80s.
Just wish our government would bring ours down like it. 20220811_125315.jpg20220811_131241.jpg

Interesting article.
That garage is now selling petrol at £149.9 / litre.
no mention of diesel price but I bet it's cheaper than most.

Local independent in Abridge,
158.9 unleaded
182.9 diesel.
The prices dropping seem to have stalled a little, but it’s still cheaper than the fuel in Cornwall last week.

€1.76 in a little five pump station attached to a Carrefour mini market in Guignicourt (just north of Reims). The problems started when I gave them my card to pay but it was refused, I gave them another and then another, both of which were declined. By the time, a large queue was behind me and I didn't have any cash - my Mrs did but she was in the shop buying a few provisions. I left a card with the garage lady as security and went in search of my wife. It was pandemonium in the shop as NO cards were being accepted from anyone (which I sorted of regarded as good news because it wasn't just me). She was in the queue and I asked how much cash she had - €85 and my diesel bill was €83 so we left with no tations, paid for the cash fuel and went of in search of a ATM. All in all, not a good start to the day but it got better.

€1.76 in a little five pump station attached to a Carrefour mini market in Guignicourt (just north of Reims). The problems started when I gave them my card to pay but it was refused, I gave them another and then another, both of which were declined. By the time, a large queue was behind me and I didn't have any cash - my Mrs did but she was in the shop buying a few provisions. I left a card with the garage lady as security and went in search of my wife. It was pandemonium in the shop as NO cards were being accepted from anyone (which I sorted of regarded as good news because it wasn't just me). She was in the queue and I asked how much cash she had - €85 and my diesel bill was €83 so we left with no tations, paid for the cash fuel and went of in search of a ATM. All in all, not a good start to the day but it got better.

No matter where I am I always have £100 on me, electronic systems are great 99% of the time, but aren't infallible.

@DaveD I’m like you and actually had about £300 in my pocket but the cashier wouldn’t take it (which was fair enough given we were in a very small town in rural France). My wife had all the €! What I didn’t say above was that because they had already started my transaction, nobody else could fill up or pay until I finished as the system was effectively locked.

We paid €2.759 per litre earlier today in a gas station near Augsburg in Germany. FFS, I'm not usually tight but that really made me pucker.

We paid €2.759 per litre earlier today in a gas station near Augsburg in Germany. FFS, I'm not usually tight but that really made me pucker.
Christ, I thought I had it bad at €2.22/l in Austria in July.
You may find it cheaper to get towed home :whistle:

Driving through Heckmondwike at the weekend, I saw a Gulf station selling petrol for 124.8 and diesel for 139ish. I couldn't believe it - would've turned around and filled up if I hadn't already got a full tank. The price was so implausible that I'm now wondering if they'd actually gone out of business before the Ukraine had been invaded.

Driving through Heckmondwike at the weekend, I saw a Gulf station selling petrol for 124.8 and diesel for 139ish. I couldn't believe it - would've turned around and filled up if I hadn't already got a full tank. The price was so implausible that I'm now wondering if they'd actually gone out of business before the Ukraine had been invaded.
I know exactly the place! I drove past it for the second time, slightly slower, and it looks decidedly closed.

Reactions: Bav
Has anybody looked recently? I passed a Costco with a huge queue - at least half a mile and wondered what it was all about. Didn’t get to see the price as I was too busy dodging people trying to push in - all I wanted to do was get past.
Got home and saw the news that although oil is down to pre Ukraine invasion prices the UK government’s mini budget has just whacked six quid on the price of a tank due to the pound… tanking. Oil being traded in dollars I guess.
Wondering if the filling stations are passing that ‘bonus’ on already?

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back